New best half dollar box total!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The year started off pretty slow - 12 boxes of halves produced only 2 40%. I picked up 10 boxes yesterday, but they were looking like more of the same skunky skunkness. The first four boxes were big whiffs. I went to bed.

I grudgingly woke up early this morning to finish up these boxes. Funny how it works, but the silver then started to trickle...box five had a little, box six had a little more, then box seven made up for all of the skunks so far this year (and a few of last year's)!

I opened the seventh box to see four enders on the left side. Three of them were right next to each other in the bottom left corner, so I knew this was going to be good...very concentrated. I flipped those enders over as I always do and put them back in the box so I can flip the whole box over and see total enders. While I was flipping the rolls, I discovered that one of the rolls was a double ender! Unfortunately, no additional enders were on the other side after I flipped the box.

I ripped the ender rolls open first, as usual, starting with the double ender. That roll had four silvers in it! The rest all had multiples, two or three. I knew this was going to be one of my better boxes, possible even a dream box if the other rolls are this full of silver. But they all weren't THAT full. The top row of rolls and the rolls in the middle columns of the box didn't produce. I had around 20 keepers after the first half of the box. But then the second half of the box really came through and pushed me the top!

How many did I end up with? I wasn't keeping track as I went along, but the stack was big. I thought for sure I beat my record. I've had boxes of 46 and 48 keepers previously. But as I counted, I was running out of coins to count, and I was getting nervous! I ended this box with 49 keepers, one keeper more than my old best!

What about silver content? The breakdown for this big box was 40 40% and 9 90% kens. This would be my second best box in terms of silver content. My best was my 46-keeper box that had 28 40% and 18 90%.

Was there a connecting box in the remaining three boxes? Nope. The remaining three boxes produced 2 40%.

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the lack of pictures, but it was early in the morning...brain wasn't functioning, lighting wasn't good, and my good camera is not in my possession.

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see a christmas dump (at least thats what im guessing it was) make its way to your hands
Congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on beating your record!

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
48 40% and 11 90% kens total for 10 boxes. So for those keeping count, that's 8 40% and 2 90% in the other 9 boxes. Overall a really good day coin roll hunting!

IMG_1492.JPG

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! All your personal best boxes double mine! Maybe I'll drive all the way to WI and pick up a load of boxes - just kidding.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Great box.....bet that was fun to search. :thumbsup:

My best box is still a 38 keeper box with 10 Walkers and 12 Ben's I found 2 years ago this month in Jan of 2012. I'd sure like to beat my half box record sometime soon too. U just never know with this hobby. The next box may just be another skunk or your best box ever. :dontknow:

H$H!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Styfflin, congrats on beating your record! I know that was a fun box to search, my best box was 72 keepers I guess about year ago, haven't come close since. HH, Maverick.

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is some great results!

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got 8 boxes to pick up today & tomorrow. I hope one of them is the continuation of your half-dream box!

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got 8 boxes to pick up today & tomorrow. I hope one of them is the continuation of your half-dream box!

No no no James. I had a 10-box order yesterday that I still need to pick up, and those boxes will have the continuation. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see a christmas dump (at least thats what im guessing it was) make its way to your hands
Congrats

Thank you! I like that idea (Christmas dump) and hope that it's the first of many!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet score! Nothing like opening a box and having silver staring up at you. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread