Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been crh for about 3 years now, and I see posting where people get multiple box orders most every week. I am just a working guy, and getting one box, is a major event, and stretches the old budget. Normally, I will get 100-300 in halves.. Been doing ok. I know volume pays, but economics 101 + budget, keeps me in the "minors"
Still have loads of fun

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I pay my mortgage every month in halves, have for couple years now. That should let you do a box a month easily, if you have a mortgage or rent. HH, Maverick.

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't do the big volume some other hunters do either. But whatever your budget, as long as you're having fun and enjoying the hunt and finding some keepers, that's the name of the game.

Last edited:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do the big volume some other hunters do either. But whatever your budget, as long as you're having fun and enjoying the hunt and finding some keepers, that's the name of the game.

I second this statement- I hunted almost a full year with less than $500 bank roll
Just kept saving up and adding to my crh fund and now I have a nice amount and its untouchable (except for an unseen huge medical exspense) but if you hunt small and still add to the stack you can still be a happy CRHer and like it

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hook up with a teller. Shotgun wedding. Taking it to the exteme...like I did.

Ya Ya, not all of us are a fortunate as you Fist :laughing7:, it must be pretty cool though, can't imagine all the cool stuff she brings home for you :icon_thumright:. HH, Maverick.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me preface what I am about to say with the statement that I am by no means rich. I started this hobby this past February with very small volume. I am currently at a 16 box weekly order of halves. At one point, my weekly orders were up to the 20-30 box range and I actually did a high week of 36 boxes over this past Christmas. There is definitely a minimum amount of bankroll required to do some volume, but really it is only $500 so that you can order a box. Regardless of what my financial situation looks like on any given week money is always a much smaller constraint on this hobby than time is. If I had a reasonable amount of time on my hands and a $500 bankroll I could do at least 6 boxes a week. You just have to structure your orders in such a way that you are never getting more boxes at more banks than you have time to dump the previous pickups in order to pick up the next orders. I'm not sure if that last sentence makes sense.

The summary version is: I think time and bankroll are actually a ratio that determines the amount of volume you can hunt. If I didn't have a job, I could probably search 20 boxes a week with a $500 bank roll because I would have the time every day to go to a bunch of different banks and pickup one box at each bank and search and dump along the way all day. Since I'm working 50-60 hours a week right now, the only way to continue searching my current volume is to have a larger bankroll to account for the lack of time that I have. This way I can pick up larger quantities of boxes at each bank at various points in the week and concentrate all of my dumps in one or two dump days in the week. See what I mean? Since I don't have as much time I can account for that lack of time by dumping $4-6k in halves at one stop or two rather than making 8-12 dump stops of $500 each.

But really, if you can make the sacrifice in terms of time over the short term to account for a smaller bankroll your finds should increase relatively quickly which should allow you to sell some finds and up your bankroll which then allows you to choose whether you want to keep sacrificing time or up your bankroll. Or a third option is to stay with the low volume if you are happy with that. There's nothing wrong with being in the minors. It's just a little less efficient in terms of ROI.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
But really, if you can make the sacrifice in terms of time over the short term to account for a smaller bankroll your finds should increase relatively quickly which should allow you to sell some finds and up your bankroll which then allows you to choose whether you want to keep sacrificing time or up your bankroll. Or a third option is to stay with the low volume if you are happy with that. There's nothing wrong with being in the minors. It's just a little less efficient in terms of ROI.

I couldn't agree with this more. I sell most of my find to up my bankroll. I can tell you, I now have over 5x the cash I started with (and thats with the whole car situation). I used to do 2 pick ups and 2 dumps a day, and now I'm down to 1 and am satisfied so I can keep more of the silver I find.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pay my mortgage every month in halves, have for couple years now. That should let you do a box a month easily, if you have a mortgage or rent. HH, Maverick.

If you are serious, I have to try this. I think my mortgage bank would make a good dump bank - I am a long-time customer with lots of relationships with the bank, so they should be able to take bags/boxes of coins from me to make a loan payment, although they will think I am a nut.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CC, I'm serious, it helps that my dump bank is the bank that holds my mortgage and I've been with then since I was a teenager, I come in with my dumps every week so the week my mortgage is due I just pay it with dumps. I know of 1 other member on here who does the same thing. I just paid it again yesterday when I dumped, they are use to it allready. Check into it and good luck. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread