My new personal best

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fiancé and I are out of town for work and last week I called ahead to where I was going to order some boxes. Got a branch of my normal bank to order 6 boxes for me. When I show up, the teller was so relieved that I was actually coming to get them because I was a bit late. Then after the transaction she proceeds to tell me how she forgot how many halves were in one box, so she accidentally ordered 12 boxes. I said that's awesome, I'll take those too. Then she informs me that the courier only had 11 on hand and will be bringing the 12th box later.

So after it was said and done, I wanted 6 boxes and got 11. We got back to the hotel and for the first time ever my fiancé is helping me go through them. She had her own box and I went over a few times, 1970 and older are what we are looking for. It was about ten rolls in, she asked, "so 1964 is good". I said, "yea!!" She found the first silver if the day and it was a 90%er. I think she might be hooked.

In total there were 30 40%ers and 6 90%ers. All kens, but I'm not complaining.

This is my best one week haul out of ordered boxes so far.

Thanks for stopping by and HH!!

image-3662909328.jpg

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! And good job getting your girl on board - always good to get them hooked. That way they will understand your obsession & be more empathetic of your "addiction" down the road. :)
I have done that before too - I love to call ahead when I'm going out of town somewhere and test the waters. You never know when you might stubble across a nice untapped silver vein in an area that hasn't been searched.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! And good job getting your girl on board - always good to get them hooked. That way they will understand your obsession & be more empathetic of your "addiction" down the road. :) I have done that before too - I love to call ahead when I'm going out of town somewhere and test the waters. You never know when you might stubble across a nice untapped silver vein in an area that hasn't been searched.

I think I may have found a small silver vein, but since I'm not close to it, so it's bitter sweet.

Still have some out-of-town AG to take home!!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice, thats a good idea, call ahead if youll be on vacation... although I guess dumping might be a challenge if your not familiar with the area :)

HH

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice, thats a good idea, call ahead if youll be on vacation... although I guess dumping might be a challenge if your not familiar with the area :) HH
We drove, so the dump will be coming home with us and returned to my favorite dump bank...haha

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice, We've done the same thing going to visit freinds, ordered 8 boxes between 2 branches, searched at my friends house ( and had great boxes, 1 had 90% George Washington Comem in it), we were able to dump all the boxes on the way home as we drove through dif towns. Ironically, our friends had no interest in doing this, even though I showed them what the coins were worth, they said it was too much trouble lol. Nice haul!

I'm assuming by your user name you are into bugs, here are a couple pics of my wife's bug, it was her first car when she was sixteen, we found it a few years back in someones backyard, after talking and a little trading with the person we brought it home, it's a mess, it's sitting in my garage now waiting to be messed with, I have 2 kids and no time now, it is the same exact way it was when she was sixteen ( 20yrs ago), just really weathered, figured you could appreciate the pic, and yes, those are IROC wheels on it, 20 years ago I guess it was cool lol. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• 141.JPG
    141.JPG
    696.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 130 (2).JPG
    130 (2).JPG
    829.5 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Mav I acquired a 73 super beetle about 6 months ago. It too is currently sitting in my bro's garage waiting to be fully restored. We are still in the process of demo. Here she is... image-1463538914.jpg HH

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav,
Noticed you said IROC wheels so I checked my dad's same ones!

image-2497416693.jpg

405 hp + nitro hooked up
Small world I thought to myself.
Wicka

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
HA HA, let me show you how small of a world it is, I picked this up a couple of yrs ago, 500 bucks, had a blown fuse for the fuel injection system and they couldn't figure it out, got it home check the fuse, new fuse and bam, smokin the tires off the back of it in front of my house that afternoon, it has the L88 350 option and t tops. It was a cool car, it's gone now. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• summer 2010 006.JPG
    summer 2010 006.JPG
    946.5 KB · Views: 87
  • christmas 085.JPG
    christmas 085.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 97

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
irocs and trans ams are cool again. The hipsters like them now. When I was in HS it was all guidos with gold chains who drove them. Hipsters seem to like irony.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA HA, let me show you how small of a world it is, I picked this up a couple of yrs ago, 500 bucks, had a blown fuse for the fuel injection system and they couldn't figure it out, got it home check the fuse, new fuse and bam, smokin the tires off the back of it in front of my house that afternoon, it has the L88 350 option and t tops. It was a cool car, it's gone now. HH, Maverick.

That is one awesome car especially for $500. Nice buy.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Dads has a 1980 dodge truck engine in it. Small small world. It was his friends in high school but his friend parked it for 20 years once they got out of high school. Dad bought it for 1000$ with original motor (<10,000 miles)
Same fuel problem though.
Wicka.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one awesome car especially for $500. Nice buy.

Ya, I use to flip cars ( since I was sixteen) and just got out if it a few years back, thus one was one of those flips, it's insane the amount of cars we've owned lol. VDub, sorry for hijacking your thread there. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread