1 ender, 24 keepers plus best nickel box

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I'm going to change my screen name to 'low bar'. Picked up a box of halves today. Opened it to two NIFCs and a gold plated ender. The box ended up yielding 24 total gold plated halves, all in nice shape from '71 through '00, 8 NIFC's and two nice proofs, '99-S and '76-S. This is now by far my best Georgia box. Russell - watch out, I'm up to a 20 box skunk streak. I have two more coming in on Monday so we'll see. The last 6 or 8 boxes have looked good, other than the complete absence of any silver. I also picked up $340 in someones dumps.

Bought my first box of nickels ever (we did over $3,800 in nickels in 2013, but never actually bought a box). The 6-year old found a '43-S. I found a copper coated nickel and the 6 year old also found a nickel with a hole in it which is the first one we're ever found.

My dump bank seems to be OK so far, very convenient but not really set up for high volume. Feelin' good overall.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Twitch, nice that your system is falling into place, it sounds like you're getting dumps for sure, but, from your seeing I would say there are some good boxes there somewhere, a box with all those other coins ( NIFC's Proofs Gold) makes me think that collections are being deposited somewhere, you just have to get ahead of the other guy thats finding the Silver and letting go of the other coins you're finding. Good luck, hope you get ahead of him! :thumbsup: HH, Maverick.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow like Mav said looks like some collections are being dumped hope there is some ag to soon follow- and 20 is definitely not a good number to see when talking about skunks

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow like Mav said looks like some collections are being dumped hope there is some ag to soon follow- and 20 is definitely not a good number to see when talking about skunks

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Ya, in my book it's good to see stuff like that floating through the boxes, I see it all the time too, and no Silver, the problem for me is that the guy that is dumping it is most likely searching one of the other carriers and finding the good stuff and then dumping the proofs and such into my carrier, I'm thinking here in the near future of trying one of the other guys a few times again and see what happens.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
My last 10 boxes in Virginia were all skunk and my first 10 in Georgia have been as well, so I think it's really not all that bad yet. 10 to start a new state doesn't seem crazy. If I get to 25 or 30 I'll assume to pick-up is no good and move on. 8 of the boxes of from my normal pick up and 2 were from a different carrier. The 2 different carrier boxes were solid date boxes from the '90s. The 3rd supplier, which is who I was killing it with in Virginia, I haven't located yet in Georgia. That everyone, I'm going to head out this morning and see if I can find some Saturday AG.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions