What you dont want to hear from your pickup bank!

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you don't want to hear from your pickup bank!

"Sorry, but we don't do special orders any more".

I heard this from one of my pickup banks when I tried to place my order today.

I am a small volume guy and had ordered only 4 boxes there in the past. I am guessing a CRH was picking up and/or dumping too much there. Given I am in a relatively small town, this could go be the wave of the future :BangHead:

I hope not!

Anyone else need to vent? Feel free on this thread!

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I got some similar news from one of my pickup banks today. I've been calling this bank for the past couple of weeks and they've been telling me they aren't able to order halves anymore. Well I called this bank again this morning and spoke to the head teller and gave her my name and she recognized me by name and told me she had about $260 in halves. When I got there she told me someone else has been ordering halves there and bringing back the searched halves in the same boxes. She said last week this guy brought back about $2000 in halves in the same boxes to her so she finally told him she couldn't order him halves anymore. But Ive been getting coins from this bank for years and she knows me and knows I never dump my coins there so she said she would continue ordering halves for me if I want. I told her I would like her to keep ordering halves for me (just a box or two a week) but I just hope this other hunter doesn't keep dumping here. I guess I'll just see how it goes. But it's CRHers like this who abuse the ordering privilege that are ruining the hobby for the rest of it.

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm worried that I won't get a piece of the action. I'm 14, and don't have a steady income or a car, so I am lucky to get a box of pennies a month.It started out where I got like 15-20 coppers per roll, but now I get about 3.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
My bank told me that and I spoke to the VP there, and I said I would get them at another bank and dump them here. So they determined it was better to order them rather than deal with me dumping them. I assured her if she ordered them I would not return them to her bank. A fair agreement, since I never dump where I pick up. Instead, I keep an account open with a $100.00 balance at a smaller bank in town that wanted to charge me shipping to order boxes. So guess who gets the dumps?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread