enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First 2 pics are 58 nickels. Don't know what the question is for the cent.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
assuming that the "silver" colored coins are different, with the "brown" coin, you have a total of $0.11 USD.

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one I have no idea what's wrong with it, but it does look unusual. The penny is a mint anomaly that I can't identify until I have a picture of the entire coin. The same may be done with the nickel.

OP
OP
S

sfox54

Jan 5, 2014
erie pa
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok guys i guess you aren't sure what you are looking at so i will rephrase the question is the number 5 in the date of the nickels an error or damage after minting. they are the same coin i showed contrast in hopes it may be easier to see. the penny has a rasied area through the lettering, and my question would be is this also an error. i am new to this coin roll hunting and would appreciate any help

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, now I understand. The nickel is damage. 5 took a hit. The cent is what happens when dies are overused. Die fatigue. Both worth face value.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
S

sfox54

Jan 5, 2014
erie pa
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks enamel, i should have asked my question alot better than i did, i was in a hurry when i posted, apologize for that. after doing this a couple months my eye is picking up the abnormalities, just got learn the different errors and varieties better and what is damage and what isn't. i had 2 different answers on this 5 in the nickel and asked on a facebook group and a fellow there said it was clash. i am not discounting anyones opinion and have learned not everybody agrees on certain things and that's alright. i do know its a hobby i am growing to enjoy until i can get out detecting again whenever the weather breaks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread