Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Calling Out the Old Timers/Verterans In This Thread

It seems like these two groups of people CLAIM they only hunt for the hobby, not the monetary gain. I'm calling them out on this. Why don't you guys do strictly catch and release then? If you get enjoyment out of finding coins wouldn't you want the chance to find coins more than once? I think there should be a petition for all people who "do it for the hobby' to release their silver in the wild. Who's with me??
eminem-chrysler-detroit-450x254.jpg

Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Eminem!! Seems as if everyone hunts for the enjoyment and certainly the success of finding FINDS of something valuable!! Hopefully you will continue to be successful in your hunts!! In any event GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!! If you get down to the Bayou State of Louisiana shoot me a PM and I will take you out on some old river front property and see if we can find some OLD Coin Rolls!! VERDE!!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Eminem!! Seems as if everyone hunts for the enjoyment and certainly the success of finding FINDS of something valuable!! Hopefully you will continue to be successful in your hunts!! In any event GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!! If you get down to the Bayou State of Louisiana shoot me a PM and I will take you out on some old river front property and see if we can find some OLD Coin Rolls!! VERDE!!

Does anyone know what they call a quarter ponder (sandwich) down in Louisiana?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm one of those find and keep guys. They all sit in a drawer and sometimes at night I can hear them calling out, "look at us, look at us, please. Set us free so we can be handled, admired, found by poor wannabe wealthy ones who must sell us to survive". Piss on em. Whoever finds my body can have my coins...

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoever says they don't coin roll hunt for monetary gain is a liar. Plain as that, I don't care who you are. You might collect coins in the process, but that's it. This should already be pretty obvious though.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt for monetary gain! I do it for the hunt and if I find some silver, it would be not very wise to throw it away. Some fisherman fish and believe in catch and release, others do it and keep the fish. Why have fun just catching and releasing when you could catch and keep, its twice the enjoyment. =)

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm one of those find and keep guys. They all sit in a drawer and sometimes at night I can hear them calling out, "look at us, look at us, please. Set us free so we can be handled, admired, found by poor wannabe wealthy ones who must sell us to survive". Piss on em. Whoever finds my body can have my coins...
homie I would glady find silver even with your pee on it

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it for the cause, the cause, the cause...do it for the cause cause, do it for the cause cause.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It seems like these two groups of people CLAIM they only hunt for the hobby, not the monetary gain. I'm calling them out on this. Why don't you guys do strictly catch and release then? If you get enjoyment out of finding coins wouldn't you want the chance to find coins more than once? I think there should be a petition for all people who "do it for the hobby' to release their silver in the wild. Who's with me??
View attachment 932462
Count me in! In a nutshell, what these people are really saying is that caring about money makes you beneath them. They're superior because the money doesn't matter. More of the anti-capitalist slant.
Jim

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 932462

Interesting thought.

We all have jars full of stuff no one is interested in, probably including us.

Quarters don't wind me up, but I do like to carry halves and silver dollars, I suppose a habit from when I was a kid. Morgans (my favorite) DO have a nice feel and sound to them; I'm sorry they're gone. So I think I'll keep them.

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Count me in! In a nutshell, what these people are really saying is that caring about money makes you beneath them. They're superior because the money doesn't matter. More of the anti-capitalist slant.
Jim

So what you're saying is people who roll hunt for fun are communists? You're probably right

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what you're saying is people who roll hunt for fun are communists? You're probably right
I wasn't thinking of the OP being about CRH...I was thinking metal detecting.
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL....I never even looked at the forum the OP was in. It was in my "what's new".
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread