What do you guys do with all the keepers you find thru CRH?

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't a basic thing for people to do is diversify their portfolio? Why is saving silver/gold a bad idea? Silver/gold have always had value, where as a specific countries currency hasn't. America will one day have a dead economy... it just will. Every controlling economic country that has ever existed has fallen from the throne at one time or another, it isn't a stretch to think America one day will meet the same fate. I lot of my friends from the military live scattered around the world now, and even they say the countries they live in won't hardly touch American dollars at the moment. If our dollar is so strong compared to any other country, why is the conversion rate stacked against the American dollar in so many other countries?

If Americans economy did die, it wouldn't be the end of the world as some would say, just a little restructuring like in the past when any other major power falls.

Diversification is great. Gold/Silver just generally under-perform most other investment classes. If you look at historic commodity prices over the last 50 years you will see that the last 5 have been unprecedented. I personally choose to look at that as a fear induced bubble rather than a trend for continuing performance. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think I have history on my side. I do realize that controlling powers eventually fail and I do not think the U.S. is immune to falling from its pillar. I just don't see any other country that is poised to make that happen.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stack--at least since the last 2 years.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
For all the "we are going to be bartering silver/gold for basic food items" people, I have a question for you: Since the bulk of quantitative easing, deficit spending (stimulus), and slashing of interest rates is rapidly being tapered, what makes you think that the U.S. dollar is going to collapse? Did you notice that over the period that all of these dollar-weakening activities actually resulted in a stronger U.S. dollar relative to the Euro while they were taking place? I will be the first to agree that the U.S. economy and debt load is in a pretty bad situation.
The thing that I think a lot of you are missing is that we are a part of a world economy. The fact remains that even though the economic picture in the U.S. looked pretty poor during the recession, the U.S. financial situation is still stronger compared to the financial situation of almost any other economy in the world. It's all relative. Which economy do you see as being better positioned than that of the U.S.? Clearly, it isn't in Europe. Asia isn't looking so hot either. The rest of North America? South America? I'm just not seeing it. Most others aren't seeing it either and that is why you see the price of gold and silver pulling back. The truth is that if the U.S. dollar collapses that means that the rest of the world's currencies are going to collapse at the same time and that is an impossibility relative to everything that is known about basic economic principles. If all the world economies did collapse, you would have bigger problems to worry about than having enough silver to buy eggs and milk. I know the fear-mongering is good for commodity prices, but you guys just aren't living in reality.

I could not agree with you more Fish on! it amazes me that people think if our economy completely collapses their horde of silver or guns is going to make them the Alphas... Ill just keep selling it for ridiculous prices to these people and taking the money they claim is no good and paying for my wonderful life!

I am definitely am not the smartest tool in the shed, I have said that many times, but it is pretty evident that we (The US) have sunk our selves into a debt that can NEVER be paid back, simple economics tells you that it is inevitably a matter of time for before our our credit runs out, then what?

I won't go into a long drawn out explanation of why having guns may or will be important in the future ( you'll know when someone is trying to kick your door in to steal food or commit rape in your house hold), it has nothing to do with being the "Alpha", but simple protection of me and my family, and I can go shoot something to eat if need be.

Silver, no, this will not immediately help to get food or other things ( ammo will), but when the dust settles and some kind of trade or barter system comes back into play ( later on) Silver and other PM's will have a value, and guess what, those that managed to keep hold of theirs will have some wealth when things straighten out and be ahead of the game.

I honestly don't think I will see this in my life time ( I really hope not), but if it does happen, yes, having guns, ammo, and Silver are going to put me head of the game some what. This is just my opinion, it is not worth much, but it's what I stack guns and Silver for, and other reasons that were mentioned by other members on here. HH, Maverick.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
U.S. dollars are nothing more than non-interest bearing debt notes from a country that is much worse than broke, we are the largest debtor nation in the history of the world and our debt will be increasing dramatically at an alarming rate in the years to come. The U.S. dollar has been the worlds reserve currency for many decades now but its just a matter of time before the rest of the world wakes up to the con game we've been playing with them for so many decades and realizes we are broke and can't pay them back and the U.S bonds they own are worthless. Then they will stop buying our bonds and that will leave the Fed as the sole buyer of U.S. Treasuries as they continue to try like hell to monetize our debt while completely destroying our currency. And once country's like China stop pegging their currency to the U.S. dollar and start allowing their citizens to enjoy the fruits of their own labor as opposed to sending us most of their goods that we only pay for with worthless credit then the value of their currency will rise as their economies become stronger and stronger.

I can't overstate how completely absurd our monetary and fiscal policy has been in this country for so long. This Keynesian nonsense that was started and primarily responsible for the Great Depression of the government interfering with the free market and not allowing companies to fail and trying to stimulate an economy with debt is insane. Companies socializing their loses but privatizing their profits is not capitalism. The only "good" thing about the Great Depression was that it was a deflationary depression because we hadn't yet accumulated all this debt and we were still a creditor nation and the U.S. dollar actually had value because we were on a gold standard and the Fed was still in the early stages of destroying our currency. What we have now is an inflationary depression which is much much worse but most people just don't want to admit it and want to continue living in this illusionary absurd borrow, spend and consumption debt economy. The Fed is trying and succeeding (for now) in re-inflating asset bubbles like the stock market and housing market with their cheap money policy which gives the illusion of a stronger economy to people who are either incapable or unwilling to accept and admit the truth......which unfortunately is most of the U.S. population. This is only going to lead to a complete disaster for our economy and the overwhelming majority of U.S. citizens who unfortunately have most or all of their savings and investments in U.S. dollar denominated assets. What the government unfortunately tried to prevent in '08 is nothing like what we are going to experience in the years ahead when we lose our dependence on the rest of the world for their money and goods and realize we no longer have the production capacity in this country to take care of ourselves and the Fed loses its control of keeping interest rates artificially low and we start experiencing a sovereign debt and currency crisis that will completely destroy the saving and investments of the overwhelming majority of the citizens of this country.

Bernie Madoff is a saint and a Ponzi scheme novice compared to what the Federal Government and Federal Reserve have been doing to the citizens of this country and the rest of the world for most of the last century.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Zeitgeist, watch them, give a great breakdown of the monetary system, very infomative, I didn't get into the whole religious part of it, but the monetary side of it is good. HH, Maverick.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking of selling some of my 40%ers and buying a brand new Mossberg 500.

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twiasp, i feel that they are safer in a bank than in my dresser drawer. Besides, When was the last major bank closure? 1933? Im not saying it cant happen again, but i beleive the chances of my house being robbed is greater than my bank closing down. Just going with the probabilities i guess. Besides, its only $500.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions