Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

I was on a road trip for work and I had a little time before the banks closed, so I popped in to a few in a town that I'd never searched before. Went into a few banks that didn't have any halves, then found one that had $3.50 worth and got a '67 in the mix. Stopped by another and asked the teller if they had any halves. She said that she had one and showed me a clad, so I asked if they had any more. She asked the other tellers. One had a dollar worth and then I heard one say that she had "$3 worth of 50 cent pieces, but they're from the '60s". I said that I'd take them all, so I got the $4.50 worth. The teller was right. They were all from the '60s. 1-1964 and 5 40%ers. I was pretty happy.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

mjr08010

Jan 14, 2014
Miami, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

I was on a road trip for work and I had a little time before the banks closed, so I popped in to a few in a town that I'd never searched before. Went into a few banks that didn't have any halves, then found one that had $3.50 worth and got a '67 in the mix. Stopped by another and asked the teller if they had any halves. She said that she had one and showed me a clad, so I asked if they had any more. She asked the other tellers. One had a dollar worth and then I heard one say that she had "$3 worth of 50 cent pieces, but they're from the '60s". I said that I'd take them all, so I got the $4.50 worth. The teller was right. They were all from the '60s. 1-1964 and 5 40%ers. I was pretty happy.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

If she said they are all "from the '60's" you would think she'd be smart enough to keep them for herself. Good for you!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to see you posting again Kantuckkeean! congratulations on a nice little grab. I love it when tellers say they have a bunch of old, worn or dirty halves. Unfortunately I have not received any good ones from tellers but it sure gets you excited.
Keep on huntin' my friend,
HH
BuffaloBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread