Dimes are dead! (DIMES ZEN TOTTE!) 1965-2014

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nietzsche says it once and I'll say it again. Dime Hunting is dead. There are no more finds out there in my district, when the 2014 dimes hit the boxes, you'll get 1 silver per 15 boxes if you're lucky. Horrible odds. Dawgs, dimes were good while they lasted but, heck, all good things come to an end. At least there are still Customer-Wrapped-Rolls.

RIP silver dimes, I had fond memories of you, I shall never order anotha box again.

RooseveltDimesNOSACK.jpg

1965-2014 The era where you could hunt (and still find) silver dimes.

Upvote 0

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are dead for me too. In my last 11 boxes of dimes I've pulled one 64 d.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Nietzsche says it once and I'll say it again. Dime Hunting is dead. There are no more finds out there in my district, when the 2014 dimes hit the boxes, you'll get 1 silver per 15 boxes if you're lucky. Horrible odds. Dawgs, dimes were good while they lasted but, heck, all good things come to an end. At least there are still Customer-Wrapped-Rolls.

RIP silver dimes, I had fond memories of you, I shall never order anotha box again.

RooseveltDimesNOSACK.jpg

1965-2014 The era where you could hunt (and still find) silver dimes.

Why are they so dead?

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They seem to come and go. In December I was regularly hitting 2-3 a box. In January I'm averaging 1 per box.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some silver in the suffering.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
My dime yields have been low (less than one per box)
Hard to figure out a trend
There is an ebb and flow to this hobby and there is billions of dimes out there, mostly unsearched

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you may recall one of my postings back in Nov 2013: about Cummings office machines coming out with a coin counting machine that could extract SILVER coins. I think this may be already happening. I will try to follow up with my contact to see if any of the big coin processing vendors have/or will order these machines. If so, our hobby is DOOMED to end.

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you may recall one of my postings back in Nov 2013: about Cummings office machines coming out with a coin counting machine that could extract SILVER coins. I think this may be already happening. I will try to follow up with my contact to see if any of the big coin processing vendors have/or will order these machines. If so, our hobby is DOOMED to end.
the truth

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you haven't given up on the social engineering yet. let me know if your dimes finds really skyrocket after you convince everyone not to look through them

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sux to hear ...
Were't Dimes a better source of silver than Quarters?

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I killed on dimes in December but I've pulled only 11 from 18+ boxes in January, including a current $800 skunk streak.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm killing it on dimes this year. Only been skunked on 1 box and usually get 2 or 3 per box. My last box I got 8 keepers (7 rosies and a merc).

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Each CRHer's finds are interesting but not telling.
We search only a small fraction of the total dimes in circulation, thus our results can't be taken to mean that dimes are dead.

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
That sux to hear ...
Were't Dimes a better source of silver than Quarters?

They used to be the best for me, then my Ag totals went down to the point where I find an equal amount of halves (or my latest stretch of dime boxes less than that). Quarters have been crap for me to lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread