Two Dreams, One Day, and Victory over the Pennies!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wanted to find two kinds of pennies. Error pennies and more error pennies. I found an off center Lincoln maybe 15 years ago and have looked thru change since then, but never found any more errors until 1995 and found THIRTY of the 1995 double dies. Well, I started looking more seriously this past fall and have gone through uncounted thousands of pennies in the last few months.

I found several Wide AM 1998, 1999, and 2000 cents. Found a broadstrike. Found a zincoln with no copper coating. Found several pennies with cuds.

Today I added two "dream" cents to the "done list. The first I found, and the second I bought, because snowballs have a better chance in perdition than me finding my second dream in the wild.

I found my FIRST double clipped Lincoln. A 1969 with a clip at 1 o'clock and a larger one at 4 O'clock. And I "accidentally" bought a beautiful 1955 double die, very fine slabbed. Now I can rest....until I get to this next penny roll sitting next to me.:hello:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the 2000. 2000.jpg I oriented it this way so you could see the half filled 0's better.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking it's just some foreign buildup. The planchets are plated before the minting process, so it couldn't be plating.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's bright and shiny, doesn't wash off.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went thru about 10k cents since the last post and have been soundly skunked except for a few whets ties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread