Bank safe deposit drawers

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
I think it is a good idea. I need to find out if home insurance covers it. I am pretty sure the bank does not.

OP
OP
odinthedog

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
My bank is free for the small ones. But when you want to have a bunch, like I do, it isn't that all too expensive. Just had to put off granmama's operation(s) a while. :'(

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know....that is a good idea. I have never thought of that. What is the biggest one they have you think? What is the best thing to do if a person gets multiple thousand of coins?

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I wouldn't consider doing it. Instead get a big dog and a bunch of guns.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringding said:
I wouldn't consider doing it. Instead get a big dog and a bunch of guns.

Safety deposit box / drawer is a lot cheaper than that option ;)

I keep my silver, gold, and platinum in a safety deposit box.

OP
OP
odinthedog

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
bscofield6 said:
Safety deposit box / drawer is a lot cheaper than that option ;)

Darn tootin'. Especially if your sight is off, you'd probably get sooed. >:(

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have the largest one in the vault, it's bigger than a shoebox. It costs $60.00 a year, not too bad.
I keep all of my coins in it.

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
If you are putting any coins of value in a safety deposit box, make sure to throw in some silica gel dessicant....They keep the humidity high in the bank vaults for the paper articles in them, which isn't good for coins. :-\

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
I've heard in times of emergency or disaster the govt can put a freeze on all safe deposit boxes and seize the contents.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Bury them in a jar in the backyard.
If you forget about them, a future MD'r will have one hell of a find!

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I don't know about other places, but here in Iowa if a person dies, even if they have a spouse, the lockbox is sealed until the will is probated. Or at least that's whats supposed to happen.

the.silver.standard

Dec 10, 2006
Lowell, MA
For goodness sake, please PLEASE do not put your silver in a bank box.

I do not want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or a WTSHTF believer, but...

If you are keeping your coins that you find and not selling them off for their silver value, you have faith in your silver and that it will increase in value. THIS IS TRUE. It is true in part because silver and gold is a tangible and finite wealth that will increase the most when the value of the intangible and endlessly printed Dollar (or euro or whatever your local T.P. may be) is revealed as next to nothing.

Your benefit in holding silver and gold is not minute gains from monthly market fluctuations, but in having physical wealth that your foresight and effort have earned you. In short, your silver will grow the most when the bank you have it stored in fails Do not put your silver in an institution that represents the opposite values that your Precious metals reflect.

Values that they reflect, I might add, off of their exceedingly lustrous, shiny, brilliant, and mirror like surfaces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread