BuffaloBoy: Im in the GOLD!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy: I'm in the GOLD!!!

Hey folks! I was returning some coins to a bank with a coin counter last week and the machine jammed up. As the teller was cleaning out the machine, he hands me a gold colored ring. I've found rings inside the coin machine before; however, they were always the cheap kind from the 25-cent machines that you may find in convenience stores, etc.

I pocketed the ring without thinking anything, then once I got home, I then realized the ring was actually GOLD. 10k gold, too.
This is my first gold ever found too, Am I now accepted to the exclusive "gold" club? :) p.s. the ring is only 6.5g with the stone and the stone is chipped, but the ring is still worth something.
HH
Buff

001.jpg
002.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club!! Thats pretty big, bigger than I thought when you described it to me...

Congrats!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The catseye is not worth much so don't fret too much about the chip, but the gold is a nice score, gratz!

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
it may be a Star Sapphire by the look of it, can't hurt to get it checked out. nice find

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the gold!

I always wondered how those rings end up in the machine, until I lost mine. Was out MD'ing last summer, took my wedding band off so it wouldn't set off my pinpointer. Had put the ring in my pocket and when I got home I placed my spare change into our "coin jar", along with my ring. I never realized it, even went back to my MDing site to look for my "lost" ring...found it a month later when I went to dump my coin jar into the coin counter.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the gold!

I always wondered how those rings end up in the machine, until I lost mine. Was out MD'ing last summer, took my wedding band off so it wouldn't set off my pinpointer. Had put the ring in my pocket and when I got home I placed my spare change into our "coin jar", along with my ring. I never realized it, even went back to my MDing site to look for my "lost" ring...found it a month later when I went to dump my coin jar into the coin counter.

I was wondering the same thing too but u pretty much explained how things like that can happen. Glad u were able to find your wedding ring before it was too late. :)

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, thats a pretty awesome find. How much do you think it is worth? Sorry...dont much about jewelry /gold

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, the ring is 6.5 grams WITH the stone in it, so I'd imagine it has at least 5.5g of 10k gold, I could probably get in the ballpark of $75-100 for it, but I don't think I want to sell it, I am in this hobby because I love finding treasure, not to sell my finds :)

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, the ring is 6.5 grams WITH the stone in it, so I'd imagine it has at least 5.5g of 10k gold, I could probably get in the ballpark of $75-100 for it, but I don't think I want to sell it, I am in this hobby because I love finding treasure, not to sell my finds :)

Yeah thats a heck of a find. And i know what you mean; theres something centimental about finding stuff

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing better then finding gold while looking for silver, not that I would really know:laughing7:.
WTG BuffaloBoy!:thumbsup:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool find. Every time I have found "jewelry" in the reject slot or in bags its been plastic dollar store crap or those aluminum religious pendants. I always take my wedding band off before I go in and use a coin counter for this exact reason, plus I dont want to bang it up dumping the coins.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the club, from one who is not in it...looking forward to joining you!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks! I was returning some coins to a bank with a coin counter last week and the machine jammed up. As the teller was cleaning out the machine, he hands me a gold colored ring. I've found rings inside the coin machine before; however, they were always the cheap kind from the 25-cent machines that you may find in convenience stores, etc.

I pocketed the ring without thinking anything, then once I got home, I then realized the ring was actually GOLD. 10k gold, too.
This is my first gold ever found too, Am I now accepted to the exclusive "gold" club? :) p.s. the ring is only 6.5g with the stone and the stone is chipped, but the ring is still worth something.
HH
Buff

View attachment 939405
View attachment 939406

:occasion14: Welcome to the gold ring club. It's a nice accomplishment not to mention that nice feeling that comes with it. It doesn't matter what karat it is. Gold is gold! BTW gold is measured in pennyweight not grams with 20 pennyweight equals 1 ounce. Now you have to find more.

HH
Gary

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HH
Buff

View attachment 939405
View attachment 939406

That's awesome. Congrats. I actually made my first jewelry find in a coin counter the same day you found this. Mine was just a small sterling earring, though. I would love to find a gold ring. That's so cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread