YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON MY WIFES FACE!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON MY WIFE'S FACE!!

When I told her that I bought $50 in nickels. She says "you went to the bank?", Yes dear, I was there to talk about half dollars..."and you came home w/ nickels?" yes honey, cause it will take a week for the box of halves to come in. "what is a box?".... and you all know what follows when you pull a stunt without asking first...easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission. Wish me luck guys, the deal is if I get skunked on my first ever box, I have to make the deposit into the account, if I score, she makes the dump at other bank, and orders another box. We did not discuss how much it weighs....this might not end well for me.
oh, and as far as the nicks go, I scored a 44-D war nick, ....see honey? SILVER !!! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Its funny how women have no interest in coins or CRHing and have a difficult time understanding their husbands strange hobby (as they see it). Well good luck with your first box. Sounds like the way you have things planned your wife will probably be a little happier if u do get skunked so she won't have to dump the coins herself. But maybe you will have great beginners luck and score a loaded box so she will have fewer coins to dump ...then you both will win and be happy lol.

Good luck and H$H!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rookie move on my part, didn't get into the carrier, bank source, etc... just giddy to say $500 in halves please.. teller says .."um yea, no..that would be $1000." I panicked on the inside, but without flinching, I told her "yea, that will work"

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my motto, I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission! Good luck on the halves.
HH!
BRChiver

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rookie move on my part, didn't get into the carrier, bank source, etc... just giddy to say $500 in halves please.. teller says .."um yea, no..that would be $1000." I panicked on the inside, but without flinching, I told her "yea, that will work"
you might end up with small dollars

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you get a dream box on your first try. And when you do, take the coins back for her. Don't make her hold up her end of the bargain. That way you look smart for scoring the silver, and are a gentleman for doing all the cleanup.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you get a dream box on your first try. And when you do, take the coins back for her. Don't make her hold up her end of the bargain. That way you look smart for scoring the silver, and are a gentleman for doing all the cleanup.

Exactly my thinking- and believe me if you start finding silver she will want to help you hunt and if youre like me it takes away from your hunting so then you find times to hunt when she isnt around-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok boys, I am happy to report that my first Box o' Halves has been searched, and I DID NOT GET SKUNKED!!! Managed one 1967, in one of the last rolls...boy that was close! So as it turns out I kinda stopped looking for halves for my book like 20 years ago, and then I tell my Dad I am searching halves, and he pulls out a list of crap he wants me to save for him too! So the good news is I got 20 bucks worth of keepers that I otherwise would never have bothered to find, Oh yea, I also now have a neat little brown box to put stuff in too! While I was at it I scored a box of nickels as well, but haven't bothered w/ them yet. Rest easy all you pro CRH'rs, this wont be a regular thing for me, if I get a bug up my A to do this again so be it, until then, good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny how women have no interest in coins or CRHing and have a difficult time understanding their husbands strange hobby (as they see it). Well good luck with your first box. Sounds like the way you have things planned your wife will probably be a little happier if u do get skunked so she won't have to dump the coins herself. But maybe you will have great beginners luck and score a loaded box so she will have fewer coins to dump ...then you both will win and be happy lol.

Good luck and H$H!

There is something so gratifying in knowing that mine is not the only wife who thinks our little hobby takes up time that could be better spent (doing the dishes, walking the dog, etc., etc...)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions