Found a Standing Liberty Half!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
A tale of two boxes....
Picked up two boxes today. One was retaped, one was not. I cracked the retaped box first hoping it was loaded w/ CWR's, but no, cut and taped wrappers from a carrier that didn't match the box. These will be sent back into the wild in the same condition in which they were found. The 2nd box looked normal, quick check, no enders. Got home and began cracking them open with the wife and kids. I end up finding 3 40%ers, the 8 year old finds a single 40%er. The 6 year old finds a Standing Liberty Half, or more commonly called a 1986-S Statue of Liberty commemorative half. It's only our 2nd commemorative, with each of the kids having found one. The wife then finds a VF 1942 Walking Liberty Half. Only our 10th Walker, only the 2nd from a MWR and the oldest MWR find to date (the other MWR Walker is probably older but is worn with no date). Totaled 4 40%ers, a Walking Liberty and a Commemorative. Overall I've stoked on the box. And I only have 4 boxes of halves left to get rid of. I got a little lazy over the last couple of weeks and had let them build up a bit.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It sounds like it was a fun box to search for the whole family and congrats on the nice Walker. I guess its appropriate that the lady finds the nice lady liberty huh? :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions