Some old nickel rolls from the bank :)

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier today I went to the bank and got $10 in pennies and $30 in nickels. Got skunked on the pennies, but the nickels were great! Apparently some old guy dropped off five rolls of nickels that he had laying around. The tellers know me there, so they saved them for me! 3 were marked As "old"(which were 40s and 50s) and one as "40s" and one was marked "50s". Two rolls were dated 9/1/2001. Pulled out 10 war nickels from the 40s roll, and some of the more low mintage 50s from the other rolls :headbang: . No 50D or 39/38 d/s though. I'm somewhat new to coin roll hunting, only been doing it for about 5 months, and this was my biggest score yet! I'm on my iPad, so the pics aren't the greatest, but I'm sure you can imagine what it looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
10 silver nickels from one roll is definitely a loaded roll and a great score. Its always nice having nice tellers looking out for you and helping you with the hunt. :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great! I always get excited when I find old customer wrapped coin rolls :-)

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!

I like to hunt nickels if I'm low on CRH funds. Even if I just have $2, I'll grab a roll of nickels, dump 'em at the next branch, pick up another roll, dump, etc. There's the added bonus of finding some silver and/or getting nice overages from the coin machines.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickels rule! You can find Vnics (though not me, yet), buffalos, warnicks, proofs, and the occassional 6 full step. Beats the heck out'a halves as far as fun goes, IMHO! :icon_thumleft:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beats my best of 9 war nicks in a roll! I got an old halves roll yesterday but it turned out to be a bicentennial collection hahaha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread