Tuesdays two boxes

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
This is box 31 and box 32 from the same bank (started Dec. 18). It's the first box that has had the "Brinks" wrappers, all others have had the plain brown ones. Today I went to two banks to dump about $1,300 in halves and because they always ask what the heck do you do with all these coins I brought along my finds for the week.(26-40%, 5-90%, 1-Walker, 1-Franklin) Two of the tellers said they have never seen a Walker before!! I think they were surprised at how much silver is still out there.

Brinks box 1-Walker, 1- Franklin, 3-90%, 3-40% and a batting token.

2nd box 2-90%, 17-40%

Attachments

• brinks-wrappers.gif
    brinks-wrappers.gif
    186.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 3-6-07-box-1.gif
    3-6-07-box-1.gif
    168.6 KB · Views: 218
  • batting-token.gif
    batting-token.gif
    76.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 3-6-07-box-2.gif
    3-6-07-box-2.gif
    100.8 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
"they always ask what the heck do you do with all these coins I brought along my finds for the week."

ownplayda the ilverfindingsa shhhhhhh ;)

OP
OP
prizm II

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
thurmownator said:
"they always ask what the heck do you do with all these coins I brought along my finds for the week."

ownplayda the ilverfindingsa shhhhhhh ;)

Only at my dump sites, I never mention the word "silver" at any bank I buy at.
Also I'm hoping they might save me some silver. :)

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
I have to agree. Those are nice finds. But it is never to your advantage to tell the tellers what you find. I always say filling the whitman books. I never mention silver. There is a pretty good chance the nice tellers will tell other tellers at other branches, spouses and customers of your nice finds. Most people dont care, but all you need is one person searching coins at your bank to give you competition.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tw656 said:
......But it is never to your advantage to tell the tellers what you find. I always say filling the whitman books. I never mention silver. There is a pretty good chance the nice tellers will tell other tellers at other branches, spouses and customers of your nice finds.

I have to agree with most responses here. I always tell them I collect halves and sell the extras to other collectors to pay for my hobby.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Nice finds! It was a nice move on your part showing them some of their finds, however, if you don't want someone else creeping into 'your territory' then I would suggest not mentioning the 'S Word,' especially since silver prices have been in the news lately and like what has been mentioned, it just takes word to reach that right person for you to be forced to cut back on your finds because of competition.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I never mention the "S" word at the banks. If they ask, I tell them I'm trying to fill my books with various dates.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good boxes Prizm!! I know I have said this many times in this forum but I do love those Walkers. WTG. I hope #33 is just as good or better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread