Today started out great and went down hill after

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I went to Raleigh,NC today (about 35 min away) to look for some customer returned halfs. First back I went to said they only had 4 rolls, which I took. I got out to the car and opened them, all 4 rolls where 40%!!! The next bank had none, but they said they had 20 Ikes that I could get if I wanted. All 20 are 1972-D look to be BU, but I'm just learning to grade so I may be off. The rest of the banks I went to (which was a lot) either had none or just a few. Bet 2 of the banks I went to produced $300 in halfs. The first $130 had a stamp from a coin shop on them so of course there was nothing there. The other $170 had already been searched. They where all labeled 1971, 1972, Bic, etc.
At least it wasn't a total loss and I got out of the house for a while.

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
"....all 4 rolls where 40%!!! At least it wasn't a total loss and I got out of the house for a while. "

You have any idea how many of us only dream of finding a solid silver (albeit 40%) roll ?

And you found four in one day and say "at least it wasn't a total loss".

Reality is, you could very well not find another........ever.

Appreciate your finds, especially finds like that, as they get you through the lean times. Lean times you will experience, just like the rest of us.

Kudos.

OP
OP
Fruitbat

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I'm always happy with what I get. I eveb went to a couple local banks this morning and scored again. They had $150 in halfs. Searched them during lunch and found 35 more 40%.

Man I love this hobby!!!!!

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
You did very well with 4 rolls of silver.

"At least it wasn't a total loss and I got out of the house for a while."
This is one of the main reasons that I CRH, but mostly the thrill of the next find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread