Im Bored...Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored. Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored.

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Bored...Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored. Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored.

If you got the Garfield reference, kudos to you!

I wish I had a bunch of cents to look through right now. I am snowed in and everything is closed, or nearly closed, around here. My dad just went to Kroger to get some milk, bread, and Gatorade, and there was one person doing checkouts, the pharmacist, and one person as the gas pumps, the florist. I don't think I can, or want to, go out in this weather and get some cent rolls from the bank. Those of you in the thawed-out states, I'm slightly jealous of you. Anyway, that was my rant.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to post your own rants and your sudden CRH impulses in this thread or any other randomness.

P.S. I made 1st district band, but the event may be cancelled due to the weather. Hope it turns out for the best. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ga780806.gif

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It may not be long before business conditions are quite similar nationwide because of the bad economy and not the bad weather. But I'll save that rant for another thread lol. Hope u get some better weather soon so u can start hunting again and good luck with your band event!

SF

speter42

Jan 22, 2013
St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Leaning toward A Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you got the Garfield reference, kudos to you....????

Where you located? boredom is an understatement here...(St Paul, MN)
Cold and snow is all there is.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The cents that you have; begin sorting by year / mint mark ; then start grading them from Good to ExtraFine. That should give you something to do til spring thaw.

OP
OP
TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cents that you have; begin sorting by year / mint mark ; then start grading them from Good to ExtraFine. That should give you something to do til spring thaw.

Already did that with my previous batch of 40 rolls. Found a roll of wheats and the batch was 60% copper and I got 3-4 rolls of BU Coppers.

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks man!...You gotta get a couple boxes for Emergencies like this!!

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You went to Kroger. Is there a coinstar kiosk there? Check for change in the return bin or on top of the machine if you have long arms like me. You might get lucky the older coins weigh the wrong amount in the machine's thinking and it rejects them.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got the Garfield reference, kudos to you!

I wish I had a bunch of cents to look through right now. I am snowed in and everything is closed, or nearly closed, around here. My dad just went to Kroger to get some milk, bread, and Gatorade, and there was one person doing checkouts, the pharmacist, and one person as the gas pumps, the florist. I don't think I can, or want to, go out in this weather and get some cent rolls from the bank. Those of you in the thawed-out states, I'm slightly jealous of you. Anyway, that was my rant.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to post your own rants and your sudden CRH impulses in this thread or any other randomness.

P.S. I made 1st district band, but the event may be cancelled due to the weather. Hope it turns out for the best. :)

I have been snowed in for 2 days now. I am hoping to get out tomorrow, but it depends on how the roads look.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some boxes ordered for today! And banks are closed. So I know your pain. Hang in there.

HH

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're snowed in here in central Maryland and the snow is still falling as I type.I made a trip yesterday picking up 4 boxes of cents and 2 nickel boxes.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally do 16 boxes today... ugh donno when ill get time to do them now with the snow!!!

I did pickup 6 boxes to look through today in the snow... but those are from my normal friday run lol... this weeks 30 boxes are gonna be tough to find time to do and pickup with the snow storm.

HH all! Stay warm

OP
OP
TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You went to Kroger. Is there a coinstar kiosk there? Check for change in the return bin or on top of the machine if you have long arms like me. You might get lucky the older coins weigh the wrong amount in the machine's thinking and it rejects them.

My dad was the one that went to Kroger, so I wouldn't know if there was a Coinstar machine there.

OP
OP
TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My District Band event was cancelled due to the weather. What a major disappointment. :( They will try to make it up, but it is unlikely that will happen. Maybe I can go to the bank with the extra time, assuming they will be open. The snow seems to be melting, but it will refreeze overnight.

However there's still all-state band ;).

7treefrog

Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I feel soooo bad right now, I have been going through a box of cents this whole time I have been snowed in!

JunkDetector

Aug 12, 2013
Placerville, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup. Been doing that. Studying WWII and the Cold War with Roosevelt and Truman. Somehow, I still have a 94-95 % in that class; the teacher is so much fun, but his exams can be difficult if you didn't study. Are you taking that class as well?

I took it two years ago and got a 5. It has a reputation as one of the harder ap classes but if you're interested in history and do the reading its actually pretty easy. If you guys are already at Truman, you'll probably finish the material early. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions