Finds have slowed, Hopefully this helps.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say I've been spoiled by the boxes I used to get. Recently I'm lucky if I find 1 40 in a box. My boxes used to always have a good mix of circulated marked coins but in the last 6 months it has changed. A few are now dumping volume in my supply, I probably see 8-10 boxes a month with at least 300 of the same mark.

Well I figure I need to start moving coin out of my district but that's 250mi away. Yesterday I found out that my company is opening an office in district 11 and I will be there once a week. My dump bank here(district 6) has MANY branches in 11. I've already cleared it with 5 branches over there to take bags! I hope I don't get stopped and questioned about all this coin I'm going to be moving over state lines. You must adapt to changes or you risk becoming extinct. I am not for the latter of the two choices!
HH!
BRChiver

Upvote 0

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope your finds increase soon. Sounds like you have a great plan to make that happen.

HH

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not doing anywhere NEAR the volume you are, but I'm getting the same issue. No matter the bank (and I hit about 7 different locally), I'm getting the same marked dumps. Opened a roll last week that 8 of the 20 coins in it were marked by the same dude. Time to travel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread