Silverforbrains CRH tip of the week - issue #2

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverforbrain's CRH tip of the week - issue #2

CRH Tip of the week, week#2

Silver sniping tellers are the minority, not the majority. Most don't care and just want to do their jobs. But, it only takes one sniping teller to spoil the pot and make your local bank never produce any teller tray or customer wrapped silver. Use this to your advantage, tellers move around so keep track of the teller and what banks produce/don't produce will change as bank personnel rotates

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
CRH Tip of the week, week#2

Silver sniping tellers are the minority, not the majority. Most don't care and just want to do their jobs. But, it only takes one sniping teller to spoil the pot and make your local bank never produce any teller tray or customer wrapped silver. Use this to your advantage, tellers move around so keep track of the teller and what banks produce/don't produce will change as bank personnel rotates
SFB, could u please send those kind of banks my way (the ones with few sniping tellers - they are ALL silver blockers here, it seems).

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most tellers around me know about silver, however, some of the silver sniping tellers are the best ones, they understand what you do and I use that to an advantage by ordering boxes of coin from them. 9 times out of 10 they have no problem ordering you boxes... and for newbies: don't bring the coins back to the same bank you bought them from.

DIGDAWG

Dec 16, 2013
OC CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-TERRA & GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great advice!

download sign.jpg

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a record of what banks produce good CWR and teller tray finds. It definitely has helped my silver finds. Luckily for me I have 3 banks that I know the tellers do not snipe that are 3 miles from my home. They are weekly stops for me.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most tellers around me know about silver, however, some of the silver sniping tellers are the best ones, they understand what you do and I use that to an advantage by ordering boxes of coin from them. 9 times out of 10 they have no problem ordering you boxes... and for newbies: don't bring the coins back to the same bank you bought them from.

:coffee2:+1

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you find it advantageous to have an account at the bank where you pick up rolls and also at the bank where you dump?

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area it is against most bank policies for the tellers to cull the silver.....some abide by their policies and some do not. For the ones that do.... I have made a deal with a couple......they save the small finds for me. If a large or notable collection is dumped they will call me immediately....I show up and purchase the whole collection at face of course....we will meet for coffee the next morning or lunch the next day....out of the goodness of my heart I sell them Half of the goods at face...(we split the booty) if you will. One bank manager knows they call me and save for me and is good with it. I am sure if she knew the rest of the story the booty splitting would stop..... Of course it's only happened twice in 18 months (as far as a collection dump goes) so it's not gonna be found out unless someone talks!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you find it advantageous to have an account at the bank where you pick up rolls and also at the bank where you dump?

Yes for the dumps- as for picking up if youre just getting the occasional rolls then dont need and account most of the time but if youre ordering boxes then its best to have an account

Ps
Read the beginners thread in the stickies section

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread