I have a nemesis...

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to 8 different banks today, and every one of them said "a guy JUST came in a few minutes ago and wiped us out of halves"...

FINALLY, the last stop said "A guy just came in and bought $400 in halves, and left, but then an old lady brought in a handfull with her deposit. Just $10... You want em?" Got a 66 out of that pile!

He didn't get em all... :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That guy somehow gets to nearly every bank in the country.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy doesn't exist. Tellers say this to hunters like us to make us feel like we're wasting our time coming to their banks. Hunters are not usually treated like a typical customer; primarily because we're usually younger and not establishing relations with those tellers in the fashion that Grammy Jones who's been banking at the same branch for 30 years has.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunters are not usually treated like a typical customer; primarily because we're usually younger and not establishing relations with those tellers in the fashion that Grammy Jones who's been banking at the same branch for 30 years has.

Actually- I have great relationship with several of the tellers I deal with and they hold what they can when they can for me but they have been advised by management their not supposed to hold money for any customer so its a first come first serve basis on most occasions and there are so many hunters in my area that I will get that answer at least 1x a week at my best banks- but there are times I get the stash (mostly clad halves and an occasional ike) and know the next hunter after me is gonna get that dreaded line lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hire a hitman to work as a teller and the person that comes in to get halves have him put ricen in the roll. Lol. Really there is a old guy here to that CRH halves but the bank buys boxes just for coin roll hunters I'm the only one that doesn't dump at my pickup bank too :/. Also called a bank and there holding halves for a customer I may call back another time or go in there and ask. Makes me mad that they are being held.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
You have met your enemy and the enemy is you! Many tellers have short memories and if you've been there in the last few weeks that to them is just walked in...or maybe that nemesis is in that car just ahead of you pulling out of the bank. Congrats though on the nice "little old lady" hit! Timing is everything and a willingness to hear "we don't have any of those" 100 times before you get the right answer.

Maine_Jim

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mane-Jim hit the nail. I have asked for halves at a bank, and they said they didn't have any. So, a couple days later I show up with my dump and they say things like, "oh yeah there was someone looking for half dollars earlier". I am that man but I just smile. I just hate dumping halves at a bank that has some possible silvers. So, I try to clean them out before I contaminate the goods. It's also a bit awkward (although I do it anyway) to drop off $500 in halves and then ask them whether they have any loose halves or other rolls in the same visit.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mane-Jim hit the nail. I have asked for halves at a bank, and they said they didn't have any. So, a couple days later I show up with my dump and they say things like, "oh yeah there was someone looking for half dollars earlier". I am that man but I just smile. I just hate dumping halves at a bank that has some possible silvers. So, I try to clean them out before I contaminate the goods. It's also a bit awkward (although I do it anyway) to drop off $500 in halves and then ask them whether they have any loose halves or other rolls in the same visit.

I do that, but I dump the halves into the machines first, then get my cash and ask them for halves when they say"is there anything else I can do for you today"

Never had an issue, except for a bank which isnt my normal dump bank, they said something along the lines of "you cant dump your coins here and get new ones"... but it was the only time ive ever dumped there, and it was because my normal dump bank was having issues with the coin counters, and I needed to get rid of them...

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you have to be a "Super Hero" to have a "Nemesis" or is that just an "Arch Nemesis" ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions