shopping

transplant

Dec 26, 2006
went to the store today lady in front of me complaining about having only some changes to pay for her lottery ticket.6 silver half's early 1930's I gave her 3.00 dollars.she said she had some more in the car 4 silver dollars 1920's and 1 large penny 1838. I gave her 10.00 for those, she was shocked the some one would give her more than face value.I didn't know that someone in there 30' what be out spending that kind of money.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!! Wonder what she was doing with that in her purse.....????

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
My god...1838 Large Cent? The woman musta been pretty ignorant...but then, some people just do not know or care about coin collecting.

What a haul!!!

Look on ebay....depending on the type it is, you could get over 100 bucks for it!
:o

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MalteseFalcon said:
.but then, some people just do not know or care about coin collecting.

Probably didn't care. Yesterday I mentioned to a lady that I work with that I collect coins. She said her roommate did also and that he gave her a Buffalo nickle set for last Christmas. Today she brought it in to show me. Three well worn nickels in a plastic case. I told her they were neat and thanked her for showing them to me. I started to hand them back and she said they were mine now because she doesn't care about coin collecting.

(would it be bad for me to wish that she should have gotten $10 gold coins for Christmas? ;))

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o you should have followed her to her house ;)
awesome finds, got any pics.

the.silver.standard

Dec 10, 2006
Lowell, MA
I am shocked, absolutely shocked that someone buying lottery tickets would not completely understand the true value of the money in their pockets. ;)

But now that I think about it, I did buy myself a $1 ticket for that last Mega Millions jackpot... ;D

- I did not pay in silver, though. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread