my fist venture

captn cupcake

Apr 10, 2005
minnesota
Detector(s) used
ace 250
well after reading this forum for about 2 months i finally bought some halves. (wish i could afford what alot of you guys and gals put into it buying boxes) I deliver beer and was in a small town of about 800 people and went to the bank next to one of the bars i drop at to buy 40 dollars of halves (4 rolls) .which they have tons of, they give them away for opening an account. anyways i was going to save them till i got home as my 8 year old is getting into this also, but like a little school boy with a bag a candy i made it to my next stop and rifled through them. my finds were slightly addicting nothing spectacular 1-1964 no 40% and 6 bicentennials. my clad go into a jug which I'll cash in at vacation time or christmas time ( my own little christmas account, I'm sure it'll add up:)

thanks for the new addiction just what my heart needs a safe one

Darrin

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all....Welcome Capt. Congrats on your first 90% coin. You just made a nice profit on that 50 cents. Keep plugging and soon you will have a nice little stash of silver.

Next time wait till you get home so the little one get can into it....lol. Good luck and keep posting those silver finds.

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
yea, i've heard it is very addicting! i haven't searched any rolls before but i heard once you search your first roll, youll go back for more. i really need to get into this! :D

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I would try unloading your duds to the bars that you deliver to. I think they could use them in their change to improve tips, it would also take them out of circulation longer. Also, if there was 1 silver coin there is more, try to get back to the bank and clean them out.

My kids have magic eyes they can spot a silver coin like a pro. I used to double check their rolls but I don't have to anymore.

Best of luck
65GT350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions