Its been a good run but Im throwing in the towel!

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a good run but I'm throwing in the towel!

Not really, just felt a little humorous tonight! What's even worse is that I stuck to my normal pickup schedule today and 40 miles later at the pickup bank I realize they are closed because of Presidents Day. Oh well, maybe tomorrow the '64 Kens will come to celebrate! :laughing7: Hopefully you guys get some good finds tomorrow.
HH!
BRChiver

Upvote 0

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I found two 64 Kens in my boxes yesterday. Unfortunately, they were the only keepers I found out of 10 boxes :\

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than me :P

last 51 boxes gave up 8 40%ers.

I think I have 7 to do today... ugh hope its not more skunks

I have been thinking about atleast cutting back, if not taking a break. but im just worried it will be hard to start back up, as theres now some competition, plus banks in this area do not want to order, and im worried if I stop the "stream", that it will just dry up.

I too, almost went out hunting yesterday, until I remembered that it was a holiday.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two 64 Kens in my boxes yesterday. Unfortunately, they were the only keepers I found out of 10 boxes :\

Dang id be jumping for joy over 2 90% out of my 10boxes weekly (very sad I know) ive been lucky to get 1-2 40% out of my weekly 10boxes recently

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped hunting months ago... With the amount of school work I have, It was simply not worth the time anymore. Way too many skunks.. I will say, that at least can start checkin the forums again since my least two favorite members are no longer here..

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than me :P

last 51 boxes gave up 8 40%ers.

I think I have 7 to do today... ugh hope its not more skunks

I have been thinking about atleast cutting back, if not taking a break. but im just worried it will be hard to start back up, as theres now some competition, plus banks in this area do not want to order, and im worried if I stop the "stream", that it will just dry up.

I too, almost went out hunting yesterday, until I remembered that it was a holiday.

I agree with this. I'm worried if I took a long break, they would stop ordering for me. I think the reason they don't say no is because they've said yes too many times already.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha
So I was planning a break the next several weeks especially since ill miss the next two weeks on vacation- but I then Reconsidered because I didnt want to lose my great pick up banks- so I have it set up that a family member will pick up this weeks boxes for me and then next week I asked the bank to hold my boxes and ill pickup two weeks worth when I get back- so in total ill have 30boxes to search when i get back from vaca (oh man dumping 15k in one week is gonna be fun)
Should be fun going through 30 at one time and hope to all heck I get at least more ag than skunks

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha
So I was planning a break the next several weeks especially since ill miss the next two weeks on vacation- but I then Reconsidered because I didnt want to lose my great pick up banks- so I have it set up that a family member will pick up this weeks boxes for me and then next week I asked the bank to hold my boxes and ill pickup two weeks worth when I get back- so in total ill have 30boxes to search when i get back from vaca (oh man dumping 15k in one week is gonna be fun)
Should be fun going through 30 at one time and hope to all heck I get at least more ag than skunks

Good idea; don't mess with the pickup banks. It can be hard to get them ordering again if you take a break. Have fun on the vacation and when you get back post some good results from those 30 boxes!!
HH!
BRChiver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm doing a lot less CRH than I used too, and the money I'm saving goes towards the purchase of .999.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread