Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Presently, I only search 5 boxes of halves per week due to work time constraints. Pickens have been slim to none for the last several months. At bank "A" I pick up 2 boxes--this week was a no show. At bank "B" only one box arrived out of 3. Needless to say, I was disappointed as Friday nights are my down time with Mr. Apush, a nice meal, and a Modelo Especial--or two. So, I head home with my single box and get things ready for a nice evening.

I open the box and see two Ben's next to each other staring at me. I then pull all the rolls out and take a look at the obverse and reverse and set those with silver showing. Then, well, the pics tell the rest of the story. Last roll had 9 silvers. I was very surprise at the ratio of 90% v. 40%. Of course, my thoughts were, "What could have been in the other boxes?" Alas, I will never know . . . .

Yep, it is "still out there." Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the silver to come around than it use to.

HSH,
apush

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    492.7 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Apush ! How nice to see you posting ! and nicer yet to see you scoring BIG ! This is not a little silver , this is a bigtime score ,
when you look at the total purchase- your silver finds are huge !!! I'm still having real difficulty establishing routes here in Tucson - mainly
because area banks just don't have coin counters , so even if I can find halves I have no dump options for volume (boxes ) . I may have to
content myself with buying any loose rolls available at the teller window . Cheers !

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I could have a nice dream all night with HALF of that amount of AG finds. Great goings.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the army of benders cure got the heart racing too! I've gotten only two benders in the 5 years searching through halves, I couldn't even imagine 5 of them in one box!!

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More important than silver, I am so very glad to see many of my old friends are still here. Thank you to everyone that commented. It is greatly appreciated and with the most respect,
Very HSH from an ol' southern girl,
apush

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure the army of benders cure got the heart racing too! I've gotten only two benders in the 5 years searching through halves, I couldn't even imagine 5 of them in one box!!

I don't think I've ever even found my first Bender yet so five in one box would sure be a dream come true for me too lol. And I was just figuring, Apush's box of 75 keepers with 65 x 90% and 10 x 40% was more than twice as good as my best box ever which I got just over two years ago which had 38 keepers with 27 x 90% and 11 40%. I think my only enders from that box was just one or two 40%. But it sure was a fun box to search. I think one of the last rolls had 3 Walkers in it which was sure sweet. But I can only imagine how much fun it would be finding a box that was twice as good as that one. For me that's still just a dream box and not yet a reality box lol.

H$H!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Presently, I only search 5 boxes of halves per week due to work time constraints. Pickens have been slim to none for the last several months. At bank "A" I pick up 2 boxes--this week was a no show. At bank "B" only one box arrived out of 3. Needless to say, I was disappointed as Friday nights are my down time with Mr. Apush, a nice meal, and a Modelo Especial--or two. So, I head home with my single box and get things ready for a nice evening.

I open the box and see two Ben's next to each other staring at me. I then pull all the rolls out and take a look at the obverse and reverse and set those with silver showing. Then, well, the pics tell the rest of the story. Last roll had 9 silvers. I was very surprise at the ratio of 90% v. 40%. Of course, my thoughts were, "What could have been in the other boxes?" Alas, I will never know . . . .

Yep, it is "still out there." Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the silver to come around than it use to.

HSH,
apush

:occasion14: Only 1 word can describe that box: Awesome! Congrats on a great box. That 90% to 40% ratio is something that hasn't been seen for a long time. After a box like that I'm sure the Modelo Especial really tastes good. Hopefully your next boxes continue in the same silver vein.

HH
Gary

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bravo! That's why we do it, folks! Congrats on a stellar box, Apush. You deserve it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freaking SWEET!:occasion14:

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an epic box! Congrats on the great finds!

HH

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great box Apush! Not a dream, but the best I've seen in a while.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, That's incredible!! Nice to see an awesome box still exists.
HH!
BRChiver

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see a box like that go to someone that deserves it. Hopefully the next few boxes from that pickup bank produce similarly. :icon_thumleft:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
SUPER! Hey Apush, thanks for sharing your AWESOME box with us! I'm glad you got it, and glad you showed it to us! You deserve it! HH, Maverck

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread