Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Aug 2005
    2 times

3/8 Box....steady at 40%

Went through all the rolls looking at just the edges. Found 8 40% halves.

So then I sat there and watched the idiot box (TV) while checking the dates on all of them, and found another 40% half, a 1968-D.

Total for the day....9.

Coulda been worse!
    8)

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Sep 2004
    TX
    Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
    3 times

Re: 3/8 Box....steady at 40%

I also look at the edges first, but then will look at each coin quickly as I have found quite a few over the years that I missed just by looking at the edge. I separate the 74D's out also, so it is really not any extra effort to look for silver I had missed.

us
    Always huntin' fer somethin'

Dec 2006
    My first M/D find
    Garrett Ace 250
    48 times

I always look at edges to see what is obviously in a roll, but I would have missed a few if I had not also read the dates.
    ~~~ I am the Prince of Tides ~~~

Dec 2006
    2 times

Looking at the edges is fine for pulling out the obvious silver, but looking at each date will ensure you don't miss any others; as well as proofs, other "S"'s, 87's and any post '01's.

Not to mention error strikes; for those who look for them.
    "You can't win if you don't play"

"Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining"

"If you're prone to motion sickness, this "roller coaster" hobby may not be for you "

Aug 2005
    2 times

I used to do one roll at a time...first check the edges, then look at each one.
    Then I got impatient, and now I check all the edges of all the rolls FIRST for the obvious silver, then I will sit there and check each one individually.

Sponsors