1st box of halves, first silver in a box!

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning people,

I picked up my first box of halves Friday afternoon, and had it completed by Saturday night. While the hunt started slow, I'm happy to have found some silver in the end. Even if they are the 40%ers.... Also found a couple other interesting newer ones: 2009 & 2010 Ds. I didn't even know that they were made after 2001, at least circulation ones.

1st halves.jpg

I'm officially hooked! I'll be getting my second box Friday!

JF

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya, you will be hooked like a fish with a very large barb that won't come out unless you Sell it all at a later time. Welcome to the club, keep on hunting & stacking. Good luck my friend.

OP
OP
J

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction! What state do you hunt out of?

Well, I'm just beginning that hunt. I have a few bank accounts in IN, IL, IA. I'll be mixing it up in attempt to stay on the silver. I have to travel regularly for my job, and I'm lucky enough to touch ground in all three regularly.

I've had a lot of addictions in my life, and none of them were anywhere near cost free. Not only does this not cost me a dime, in a sense it has already made me a few dollars richer than I was before Friday.

I have my 9 yr old boy, and 7 yr old girl this weekend, and they got into the hunt as much as I did. Finally, something we can ALL get into at the same time.

I appreciate everything I learned from the posts on this site as I was planning my hunt.

Thanks!

JF

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm just beginning that hunt. I have a few bank accounts in IN, IL, IA. I'll be mixing it up in attempt to stay on the silver. I have to travel regularly for my job, and I'm lucky enough to touch ground in all three regularly. I've had a lot of addictions in my life, and none of them were anywhere near cost free. Not only does this not cost me a dime, in a sense it has already made me a few dollars richer than I was before Friday. I have my 9 yr old boy, and 7 yr old girl this weekend, and they got into the hunt as much as I did. Finally, something we can ALL get into at the same time. I appreciate everything I learned from the posts on this site as I was planning my hunt. Thanks! JF

:hello: Welcome to TNET & crh. This does get to be a addiction after a while but it is a good addiction. Having your kids get into this with you is a +. Hopefully you will have many hours of fun together ahead. Having 3 different states to hunt in is awesome. Just be aware that there will be many times when what you get will be skunks but that is part of the game. The thrill of the hunt & when you find a keeper will make it all worth while. BTY since 2002 the govt has been minting half dollars as NIFC (not intented for circulation). They are only basically being minted for collectors to get in sets from the mint. Read the stickys up top & you will get some good information.

HH
Gary

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
See how easy it is to get HOOKED!! I've been doing this since about 2005 and every time I open a box with at least 1 keeper I'm a happy guy. Yea, there are times I go through a bunch of boxes that don't make me happy, but I keep looking and then Wham a good or even great box. Have fun and enjoy this forum, lots of great people here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread