More Chase BS

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
After my rant about flying under the radar http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/400808-gonna-hard-flying-under-radar-now.html, I thought Chase couldn't get more offensive.

I was wrong.

redacted Chase big brother letter.jpg

My wife received this in the mail last week (name and address obviously redacted). I'm getting ready to tee off into this Mike Andrews guy. We've had accounts at Chase for over 10 years. My wife has kept an average balance of $10,000 in her checking account (that's right, no interest). And now they decide they need all this information? What the hell does her income and employment have to do with keeping a checking account?? Granted, I get boxes from them occasionally, but there are a lot more fish in the sea.
:cussing:

I'm gonna tell them to pound sand. If it takes closing our accounts, so be it. Enough is enough!

:angry4:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
dont do it!what are they gonna do.kick you out of their club.just curious what state you're in?

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No you shouldnt, but gone are the days that they take care of you for the privilege of looking after your money. Because of this kind of stuff, I have managed to keep my relationships with banks to a minimum. I chose a small credit union, and they have treated me right.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chase is a business, you cost them more than they make off of loaning your money, its simple

they t-boned me within 1 year.....granted i was doing 50 boxes a week from them and only kept 500 dollars on a montly direct deposit, but i gotta hand it to their loss control department, they are sharp.

also keep in mind the banking agreements are 100% in favor of the banks. Its like the sign at McDonalds, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service

They can terminate you at any time for any reason without discrimination, its an "at will" relationship like most states have for salaried employees.

sucks but thats the way it is.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that....Chase has NO right to know what your income and employer are...I left Chase about 2 years ago from bening my Secondary bank

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
chase is a business, you cost them more than they make off of loaning your money, its simple

Wrong. Reread my post - I get boxes from them occasionally, my wife keeps an average balance of $10k, and they sent the letter to her, not me. No way in :censored: are we costing them more than they make off us.

I agree with proving citizenship, but that's it. If they require more, they can go :censored: themselves!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Screw chase. Screw BofA. Screw wells. And everyone on between. Banks are only out to get up, the common people, and make money off is before the monetary system collapses. Tell them to hop off, worst comes to worse close your account, but still order from them lol.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey FT, I will follow this to see how it turns out, sorry you've had this problem. We kinda skirted around most of these problems ( not with Chase) by direct depositing my wifes payroll to my pick up banks, they have had no questions for us thank god. HH,. Maverick.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After my rant about flying under the radar http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/400808-gonna-hard-flying-under-radar-now.html, I thought Chase couldn't get more offensive.

I was wrong.

View attachment 950335

My wife received this in the mail last week (name and address obviously redacted). I'm getting ready to tee off into this Mike Andrews guy. We've had accounts at Chase for over 10 years. My wife has kept an average balance of $10,000 in her checking account (that's right, no interest). And now they decide they need all this information? What the hell does her income and employment have to do with keeping a checking account?? Granted, I get boxes from them occasionally, but there are a lot more fish in the sea.
:cussing:

I'm gonna tell them to pound sand. If it takes closing our accounts, so be it. Enough is enough!

:angry4:

Absolutely tell them to bugger-off.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once had a head teller tell me that she was going to need my social security number "for their records." I had just purchased a grand total of 2 halves from one of the tellers, and when I asked for big dollars, the teller had told me that she collected those. I happened to have some (about 90 if I remember correctly) in my truck which I happily cashed in so that she could have them. Just as we were finishing the transaction the head teller strolls up with her demand. She was one of those older tellers that obviously over enjoys her position of authority, if you know what I mean. Anyway, even though she isn't being in any way whatsoever pleasant toward me, I nicely question her as to why the bank could possibly need my social security number over a simple currency exchange under $100. She not so nicely told me that it was bank policy and I would give her the information. Finally I just sighed, pulled out a notepad and said something like, "If its that big of a deal, you can have my social security number...just as soon as you give me your own." I can see her face turning all red now and she - somehow reasonably calmly, for which I give her credit - said, "I do not give my social security number to complete strangers for no reason. That would be stupid." "I agree completely." I said as I turned and walked out the door.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This actually sounds like a phishing attempt. I would contact chase fraud and let them know what you received and ask if it's legitimate. I've also been with chase for a looong time and never was asked anything like this.

If this is their new policy I'll be switching with you.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Screw chase. Screw BofA. Screw wells. And everyone on between. Banks are only out to get up, the common people, and make money off is before the monetary system collapses. Tell them to hop off, worst comes to worse close your account, but still order from them lol.

+1.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
so what happened??inquiring minds want to know?did you suck up to their demands or not?tell us!tell us!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's nothing ironic about this statement at all...

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread