Another Dirty Coin Story

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: Did my 1 box of halves today & got 1/64 & 1/67 from the box. Went to do dump run (I use TD Bank coin counters & stop at 5 different TD Banks to dump the clad) & at each bank I always ask if any tellers have any half dollars. The tellers seem to be getting smarter because they keep their coin tray in the drawer instead of on the counter so you can't see them. At my 2nd stop, 1 teller says she has $6 in halfs. She said they were dirty & the machine kept on rejecting them. I said I would take them all. The results were as follows: 1/65, 3/67, 4/68 & 3/69. That's right 11 40%s out of 12 (love the dirty coins every time). The last coin (clad) was slightly bent. None of the other banks had any. It was a good day searching & dumping.

HH
Gary

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to love those teller tray finds! They are getting very rare with the tellers realizing what they have. Congrats!
HH!
BRChiver

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of 40%'s are just dirty enough that they don't scream silver to the casual teller. Congrats on the teller tray score!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome! It's nice to have coin machines that reject silver by you! unfortunately the ones near me don't.
Keep it up!
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread