TWO AMAZING DAYS FOR ME

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Friday I had to run some errands and go to a doctors appointment. Once I finished that I hit quite a few banks in areas that I haven't been to in about one year. One bank that I had purchased halves from last year,netted me a full roll of silver. So today I went back to that bank and I asked if they had any halves available. The teller said she had $20.00 in rolls and I said I'll take them. Then she called another teller that was away from her area and asked if she had any halves,turnes out she had $390.00 in halves and of course I took them. As she was pulling all the rolls out and putting them on the counter I could see some writing, "silver" on a few rolls and then one roll that read 1966 halves. I also picked up $30.00 in cents from this bank. I returned to my car and opend the roll marked 1966 and the entire roll was just that! :o The majority of them look like they haven't been circulated and have been sitting in that roll for a long time. The rolls marked silver, had been crossed out and the silver removed. I took the rest of the rolls home,all rolled in newer wrappers so I wasn't expecting much. I unwrapped another 3 FULL rolls of 40% silver halves! I was smiling from ear to ear.

The cents produced the following wheaties: 1917,1934,1936,1944,1946,1954D,1955,1956D(2),1958. The cent rolls had an addtional .20 cents extra,pretty good. lol

I also stopped at quite a few other banks and purchased $430.00 in halves. I found 4-1964, 26-40% silver halves and a 1987D.

The day before(Thursday) I stopped at another bank and bought $50.00 in halves and one roll had 16-40% silver halves and I had also picked up 1-40% silver halve earlier that day.

My totals for both days: 123-40% silver halves 4-1964, and a 1987D and 10 wheaties!

Wow, I haven't had this much luck in a long time! ;D I'm going to try going to some other banks Monday.

Upvote 0
C

Coincollector22

GREAT FINDS!!! :o I wish I could get some wheaties like that!

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Coincollector22 said:
GREAT FINDS!!! :o I wish I could get some wheaties like that!

Coincollector22, the wheaties are out there. Pick up some rolls of cents at different banks. I prefer to purchase the rolls that people have wrapped and brought in verses the boxes of cents that the banks order. I think you have a better chance at finding older wheaties this way.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds PW!!! Good for you. Don't you just love that? Makes you wanna get out there again right away.

KUDOS!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread