Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Stopped by numerous banks over the past few weeks only to be told they don't have or keep rolls of half dollars. However, yesterday, I stopped by a small branch office of Trustco Bank here in Florida and they did have 4 rolls so I bought them.

Found no silver but I did find a 1984 S Kennedy half that was once a proof coin that someone placed into circulation for whatever reason! The reverse side still retained some of its original mirror like finish but the obverse was well worn. I kept it anyway as this was my first coin roll find.

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by numerous banks over the past few weeks only to be told they don't have or keep rolls of half dollars. However, yesterday, I stopped by a small branch office of Trustco Bank here in Florida and they did have 4 rolls so I bought them. Found no silver but I did find a 1984 S Kennedy half that was once a proof coin that someone placed into circulation for whatever reason! The reverse side still retained some of its original mirror like finish but the obverse was well worn. I kept it anyway as this was my first coin roll find.

:coffee2: Welcome to the addiction er hobby. It's always nice to find a keeper of one kind or another. That's what makes up for the skunks you will encounter. Rileyboys favorite saying is "it's still out there". When you're in the bank also ask if they have any loose halfs. They may have some in the tellers tray. Worse thing they can do is tell you that they don't have any. The "S" mint coins are usually the lower amount minted so it's always nice to find one.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions