BUYING BAGS OFF THE MACHINE

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
what ever bank i go to in my area they say i cant buy bags off their machines.when i ask why they say that they cant take the risk because if the bag is short or there is foreign coins in there.i'm not believing that anymore.could it be the bank managers are going through the bags before they send them back.or is it federally regulated that tight???or is it some kind of state law???but yet i see on here some people buy off the machine no problem.i bet the politicians can go into their bank and do it...maybe thats it they save them for the politicians in my area.after all their not rich enough right.whats the difference i go into a bank offer them cash for cash whatevers in the bag.i dont get it.am i dumb or ******ed??the money in the bags does'nt actually go back to the feds does it?does anybody on this forum work for the coin rollers or know somebody that does?i really need the TRUTH on this.i'm losing sleep.help me somebody!!

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its really up to the individual bank/branch/manager. Some banks will sell coin machine bags. Many will not.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And no, the coins do not go back to the Fed. The courier (Brinks, Loomis, etc) pick up the coins from the bank, count them (generally by weight from what I understand), deposit that amount into the bank's account at the Fed, and then roll/box the coins to dole out back to the banks as needed.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chill out, dude. Depends on the bank and/or branch. I get denied all the time too.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Every place is different. Everybody's rules are different. I only get bags

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In over two years of asking, I've had one bank say, yes, we will sell you bags. BUT their machine does not take half-dollars:BangHead:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
In my area, I have 3-branches of the same bank, approx 3-4 miles apart,

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
In my area, I have 3-branches of the same bank, approx 3-4 miles apart,

That I use, but only one is willing to sell me a bag off their machine. I believe it's not only local manager decision, but also the 'paper work' that has to done, just so everything balances out at the end of the day. I can see their point in NOT doing it, easier all the way around.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The paperwork has to be done either way whether the tellers sell the bag to a customer or to a company such as Loomis.
That I use, but only one is willing to sell me a bag off their machine. I believe it's not only local manager decision, but also the 'paper work' that has to done, just so everything balances out at the end of the day. I can see their point in NOT doing it, easier all the way around.

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told no, went back and talked to a different person and been told yes. Just keep trying. There is a bank with multiple branches in my area that lets me purchase bags even though I don't have an account with them. Needless to say, I visit each branch every week. This week I bought 5 bags of nickels and 4 bags of cents. Another bank with many branches here will allow me to buy bags but they are my dump bank so I have yet to buy there.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And no, the coins do not go back to the Fed. The courier (Brinks, Loomis, etc) pick up the coins from the bank, count them (generally by weight from what I understand), deposit that amount into the bank's account at the Fed, and then roll/box the coins to dole out back to the banks as needed.

The silver would throw the weight off theyd be loosing money with a bag full of silver halves

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the game, but every bank I have spoken to will gladly sell the bags, but only when they "drop". (or full) It is a hassle for them to sell them if they are not topped off, so they don't.
Couple suggestions:
Have them call you when the bag you want is full if they don't already do that for another hunter, or have them check the bag to see how full it is and bring enough coins back to the bank to top it off. (I just did this with halves)

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the politicians, their fault. I'd picket town hall if I were you.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've bought bags off the machine for years, but head tellers say they are tired of wining crh'ers that come back crying when the bag count is off by $2.

I never cried; I only sniveled a bit.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once that bag is full it's sealed hard to get into it once its done that.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've bought bags off the machine for years, but head tellers say they are tired of wining crh'ers that come back crying when the bag count is off by $2. I never cried; I only sniveled a bit.

That is the key, don't complain, if the loses are to steep and no gain then you have to decide. I have been reading this site for about 5 years and when i first started reading, the etiquette was stressed pretty heavy. The easier you make it on the teller, the longer you will be able to CRH. And like everybody else said each bank is different. Some banks will give you the whole speal about can't sell it and others have no problem with it:thumbsup:

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Where I get my bags from puts on their bag tags that they are "TO: Federal Reserve Bank - Atlanta".

I agree with you, because I don't think they send them to the Fed, but that's just what my bags say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread