Very cool experiment closest guesser I will mail a silver dime! please give a guess!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, It's been documented that the masses are often right in a way that no individual can be. For example, this was tested out by having an entire town guess the weight of a cow. No individual got the weight correct, but the average of the 1600 townpeople's guesses was nearly exactly the weight of the cow. I want to try this with CRH's forecasting the value of silver. What do you think the price of silver will be in exactly 1 month? So we are talking March 28th, at 1:25PM. I will take the average of all answers and compare them to individual answers. Whoever is the closest I will mail a silver dime of my choosing, on my honor. However, the trick is you must also beat the average! If I'm right and this works, I get to keep my dime. IF I'm wrong and an individual beats the average, I will mail it immediately. Guess to the nearest cent, if you say something like $17, I will assume you mean 17.00

By the way, all answers must be received within one week to count!

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$21.17

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

RAINMAKER63

Nov 18, 2013
Brainerd MN
Detector(s) used
TEKnetics 8000 Coin Computer(no its not an Omega) and Garrett Pro Pointer, AT Pro, Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$19.60
And a couple of questions...
If more than one person is correct who gets the dime? My guess would be the person who posted first but you need to clarify that.

Also, if the average wins, but someone also chose what the average turns out to be as their actual guess, who wins? More plainly stated, who wins in the case of a tie?

Last edited:

Red Snapper

Jul 9, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky