who will be the 1st to find a gold 2014 half

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Maybe this will pump a little life back into the underutilized half.
Note, I did say little.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow can you imagine finding one of those! Reallly hope they do a different design like the 1964-2014 on the Gold only...otherwise we are going to be seeing a lot of 2014 gold plated ones lol

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png

I wonder if they are going to do any face value kind of deals.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coin to celebrate 50 years of lies... awesome!

I would love to find one of those bad boys in a roll for sure!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coin to celebrate 50 years of lies... awesome!

I would love to find one of those bad boys in a roll for sure!

Oh, boy, here we go again. Let's try to keep the politics out of it, now.

Sent from my Obama phone.

Oops.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
These will probably be an immediate sell out from the Mint because coin hustlers like that guy on HSN will probably buy most of them so they can immediately flip them and charge huge mark ups and make obscene profits. So most of the public that wants any of these will likely have to buy them on the secondary markets like HSN or ebay at huge mark up prices from the usual flippers. And the modern coin slabbing racket perfected by some people like that coin hustler on HSN will likely minimize the chance that any of these will ever be found in circulation. But yes it sure would be a nice find.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These will probably be an immediate sell out from the Mint because coin hustlers like that guy on HSN will probably buy most of them so they can immediately flip them and charge huge mark ups and make obscene profits. So most of the public that wants any of these will likely have to buy them on the secondary markets like HSN or ebay at huge mark up prices from the usual flippers. And the modern coin slabbing racket perfected by some people like that coin hustler on HSN will likely minimize the chance that any of these will ever be found in circulation. But yes it sure would be a nice find.

Well that kinda sucks. Maybe I should make the mint an offer they can't refuse:laughing7:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I say, we all here at T-net start a fundraiser to get one of these puppies in the wild.

Jeff-of-PA would be in charge of it. Let's say 100 members contribute X amount toward the half. Once Jeff receives all the money to buy one, he buys one. Then he takes it AND DUMPS it. The contest winner makes a post, with photographic evidence he or she found it.

I'd be willing to chip in toward this, who knows how far it would travel or who would get it. It could be a brinks worker, 50 cent, a member, or someone who doesn't even post. It's a calculated risk, it'll bring some excitement to the coin-roll-hunting community.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say, we all here at T-net start a fundraiser to get one of these puppies in the wild.

Jeff-of-PA would be in charge of it. Let's say 100 members contribute X amount toward the half. Once Jeff receives all the money to buy one, he buys one. Then he takes it AND DUMPS it. The contest winner makes a post, with photographic evidence he or she found it.

I'd be willing to chip in toward this, who knows how far it would travel or who would get it. It could be a brinks worker, 50 cent, a member, or someone who doesn't even post. It's a calculated risk, it'll bring some excitement to the coin-roll-hunting community.

Im in-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Lets not and say we did.

How about I just throw my share of money down a storm drain and call it even? :laughing7:

:)

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone finds one of these (assuming the mint even produces them, no decision on that yet) in a circulated roll I'll be shocked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread