Every CRH does this..... I had a recent find

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually I have been doing this many years before I got into CRH. When given change I pull out any "keepers" wheat, old nickels, AG, or anything interesting.

So I wanted to see if anyone has got any interesting coins lately or when the last time you pulled a nice find. Here is my story:

Last Friday I stopped in local gas station to pick up few things and got my change and I keep it in my hand until I get to my car and then I quickly investigate and pick through before it goes into my junk change canister. To my surprise I got a 1943 S war nick. SCORE! Later in day after lunch I was handed a $5 star note. :)

Last AG score before this war nick was 2 years ago 1960 Washington almost BU condition and I Remember the sweet sound the moment it hit my hand with other change.

Let's here some stories!!!!

Happy hunting

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigboyga

Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was at a garage sale lately and bought a tupperware colander for $.25 with a $1.00 bill. received 3 quarters for my change and i heard the silver ring as it was handed over. (a 1963 d) just kept calm and tried not to grin too big!)

ENTHUSIAST

May 31, 2013
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Looking for my 1st detector!!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Silver Quarters (1961 & (2) 1964s) and 5 Silver Roosie Dimes and a handful of Wheat Pennys is what I have found in change in about the last 7-8 years.

2 of the Silver Dimes were from Coin Star machines 1 in the return and 1 I used a hook to fish out of the intake slot, I thought it was just a clad till I had it in my hand.

Both of the Coin Star Silver Dime finds gave me an adrenaline rush each time... I was pumped for the rest of the day! :)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking since the 1970's and still have not received my first silver coin in my own pocket change. Last year I got 2 wheaties and those were the firsts ones of those I had seen in 6 or 7 years.

You poor poor soul, no I genuinely feel bad for you !! :sadsmiley: How on earth can you not have found AG since 1970 ??? I've only been doing this for 10 years and I've received 2 Silver Canadian Quarters and one American Silver Quarter all at different times. Back in change, I don't remember finding any AG dimes in change maybe one or two though. :icon_scratch: Wow, maybe your saving your luck and you'll find a Gold Coin in change or something. :dontknow: You'll hit big one day !! :headbang:

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found one AG quarter in change, prob 10 years ago. Recently I did get a '65 Rosie from a cashier that was spray painted silver, does that count?? :dontknow:
HH!
BRChiver

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You poor poor soul, no I genuinely feel bad for you !! :sadsmiley: How on earth can you not have found AG since 1970 ??? I've only been doing this for 10 years and I've received 2 Silver Canadian Quarters and one American Silver Quarter all at different times. Back in change, I don't remember finding any AG dimes in change maybe one or two though. :icon_scratch: Wow, maybe your saving your luck and you'll find a Gold Coin in change or something. :dontknow: You'll hit big one day !! :headbang:

When it comes down to it, I'm just not very lucky in that respect. Never have been. I did find my first (and only) parking lot "folding" money not too long ago - a $10 bill. I've used/checked coin counters hundreds of times and my only reject find is a single beat-up zincoln. My mother didn't pass along the "lucky gene" that she herself has. She finds folding money quite often. A couple of years ago she even eyeballed (in 2 separate events about a week apart) a V nickel and an Indian head cent on different parking lots. How crazy is that?

I really can't complain. I've had some good CRH scores over the years, but I have to admit it does get a little frustrating sometimes reading about all the "bonus" finds.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't get a lot of 'keepers'; but yesterday I got two 1971 pennies (one was a D; don't remember the other) and another copper penny. This was in change from about three places. I didn't look at the coins until I got home. Kinda like InFoWarrior, I pay most of my bills with bills so I can get back the change. About two weeks ago I got a war nickel and a wheatie in change. Again I didn't know what I had until I got home. I might try to look at my change when I leave a store so I can know which places give me the older coins. Maybe there is a pattern that will pay off. If so, I'll start buying a couple of items, pay with a bill, get my change, go right back in to the store and buy a couple of more items!!!

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok guys, especially you guys that have been looking for a long time are probably going to want to kill me. Today I went through the drive thru, paid with a five and got a couple dimes and a penny back, as I was driving from the pay window to the pick up window I glanced at the rims....I could swear one looked silver, when I stopped at the pick up window and looked down this is what was in my hand, I just started paying attention to coins about a week ago. Have to say this is a very cool looking coin. I love it!

rabbid-digger

Jul 1, 2013
fennville,MI
Detector(s) used
garret atpro
propointer
sampson 18" digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last summer at cedar point paid 10.95 for a pop And received a buff nickel for my change prob my best bonus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions