Do You Remember The First Time You Got Lucky?

DustDevilMarc

Feb 12, 2014
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, after 4 1/2 boxes, I got lucky. My first time. I hit silver. Do you remember your first time?

Silver1.JPG Silver2.JPG

Upvote 0

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some silver coins last year but needed money. I took them to one of those gold n silver places and sold them. Afterwards I realized how bad they screwed me and I told myself I wasn't going to do that again and any silver I got, I would keep. A few months ago I was making a deposit for work and saw a half in the tellers tray. I bought it, a 40%, and now I do a few $100 a week. I'm at 1 half per week with some other, nickels, dimes and quarters every once and awhile. I'm addicted like all of you.

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first time was so special I wrote a poem to commemorate the event. Yellow was the sun, blue was the sky, We were alone just her and I. Her hair was brown, here eyes were blue, I knew exactly, what she wanted to do. Her face was so calm her body so fine, I ran my fingers down her spine. I got up the courage, I did my best, I place my hand upon her breast. I was getting so nervous, I could feel her heart, as I slowly spread her legs apart. I knew she was ready, but I wasn't sure how, because this was the fist time, I milked a cow. Keep on Searching Dad
I read this aloud to my family after setting up the story of the OP question.........5 minutes of belly laughs.....thank you!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when and where I got my first silver half, a 1967. On January 25, 2008, around 5:30 after work, in a bank next to my regular gym I bought $250 of halves. Outside each roll the word "Clad" was written. Obviously they were a batch of dumps. But I still looked through each coin by face and the guy missed one! The rim of this 1967 just liked the rest of the batch. Now I am a hoarder of silver coins, many thousands of halves, over one thousand of dimes, hundreds of war nickels, one 40% Ike dollar, and 3 silver quarters from CRH.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember my first like it was yesterday, actually I remember it like it was today because it just happened a couple hours ago!

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine was a Ben, found it with my metal detector...first silver coin. Then, stumbled across this section and been hooked ever since. Oddly, my first success with hunting halves also contained a Ben.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was a Ben, found it with my metal detector...first silver coin. Then, stumbled across this section and been hooked ever since. Oddly, my first success with hunting halves also contained a Ben.

I dont recall ever seeing a post of yours?

HH

EDIT: Ok yeah you have posted before, just not as often for me to remember your name :P

Last edited:

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver. Well it wasn't my first silver find but my first big score that really got me interested in CRHing as a continuous hobby was about 4 1/2 years ago in Sept '09 when I scored a solid cwr of '59-'63 Ben's (pic below). I still keep that roll of Ben's in the same brown wrapper that I found them in. I never really thought I'd have that kind of luck again but about a year and a half later I scored 4 Morgan's from that same bank. And on Sept 02 2011 (I still remember the date lol) less than two weeks after joining Tnet I had my best score ever with 3 solid rolls of Walkers and Bens from another bank in the same part of town just a couple of miles away. :)

H$H!

That is truly a honey hole! Guard it tightly.
HH!
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like it was yesterday: 10.3.12 first box of halves.
Found 9 40's, 1 Ben and 3 Walkers.
HH!
BRChiver

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time I "felt" lucky in CRHing was when my dad said I would never find a wheat penny, and around age 6-7 in 2005, I ended up finding several in about 25$ worth...lmao.
Still going strong at around 1200 wheats nearly 9 years later.

But the time I felt lucky was when I pulled 25$ in face of 40% silver halves from one bank, and the teller was so ignorant about it all.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course i remember! It was January 17th 2014 about 1:30 PM, I'd just had my hair cut and then $50 produced 31 90%ers and 36 40%ers

Attachments

• 100_6043.JPG
    100_6043.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 86

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember, yikes!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread