Do You Remember The First Time You Got Lucky?

DustDevilMarc

Feb 12, 2014
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, after 4 1/2 boxes, I got lucky. My first time. I hit silver. Do you remember your first time?

Silver1.JPG Silver2.JPG

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I remember my first silver half (I'd found a dime or two, a war nickel, some wheats, and a buffalo in the month or so before I full on started hunting) but my first silver half was special to me, a 1968-S 40% proof from a teller tray.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver score, it took me about 12 banks until I found one with halves($510 worth)

Made out with 70 40% and 23 90%...

lol obviously ive been hooked since.

HH

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though I've been roll hunting since 1978, I remember it was about 2007 when silver started to climb again. First bank I went to had a few rolls of halves. 1894 Barber and 90% Kens peppered one of the first rolls. Almost every bank I went to had rolls half full of 90's and 40's. Had a great run, up until about 2010 when things really seemed to dry up.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first roll of halves had a 40%er in it. I thought this was going to be easy. :)

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one fateful day back in the late 80s. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was just a lad finishing high school. I was waiting at my girlfriends house waiting for her to get out of soccer practice and her mother came home from work early....... the rest is history

:occasion14:

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one fateful day back in the late 80s. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was just a lad finishing high school. I was waiting at my girlfriends house waiting for her to get out of soccer practice and her mother came home from work early....... the rest is history

I knew this was coming eventually...

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other

Lmao

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
The first time I pulled AG from a roll of coins was in the 70's.
Edit; I didn't get "lucky" until the early 80's. lol

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first silver. Well it wasn't my first silver find but my first big score that really got me interested in CRHing as a continuous hobby was about 4 1/2 years ago in Sept '09 when I scored a solid cwr of '59-'63 Ben's (pic below). I still keep that roll of Ben's in the same brown wrapper that I found them in. I never really thought I'd have that kind of luck again but about a year and a half later I scored 4 Morgan's from that same bank. And on Sept 02 2011 (I still remember the date lol) less than two weeks after joining Tnet I had my best score ever with 3 solid rolls of Walkers and Bens from another bank in the same part of town just a couple of miles away. :)

H$H!

Attachments

• Roll of Bens from 9-09.jpg
    Roll of Bens from 9-09.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 101

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
When I first learned about silver coins: I very excitedly ran out to my car to date check the approximately 3$ of coins I had in my car. I then had the idea to CRH so I borrowed a silver dime from someone I knew and practiced finding it a few times in a handful of clad dimes. Then went to my little credit union and asked if I get as many roll of dimes as they would give me. The teller asked me if I meant a box of Dimes, to which I replied: YES!.......wait.........how much is a box? :dontknow: and yes in fact: I did want the box. Then found out I'd have to wait a week. :BangHead: One agonizing week later I got my box, went through a few last practice reps of identifying the known silver, muddled my way through about a third of the box and almost had a heart attack when I found my first silver Dime. I felt like I had made some major discovery tantamount to finding a complete T-Rex fossil under my couch. That was how it all started and not much has changed! :laughing7:

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up 100 in dimes and 100 in quarters before I even knew crh was a thing. I got 1 quarter ans 3 dimes (1 was a merc too)

Then it took me 4 boxes of halves to find anything. On the 4th I got 5 40%ers

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first CRH score though was a war nickel in a box of nickels. I figured those were the least known and I had the best chance of finding one

silvereyes

Jan 7, 2011
I remember my first silver well. A few years ago I first tried some rolls of halfs at my credit union. After a few weeks nothing. Then I read about a road trip. That week I plotted out a road trip through the country. Finally a teller had 7 dollars worth of loose halfs. She threw them on the counter and I saw Ben's face. She picked up Ben and looked at it for long awhile. I thought she was gonna take it back. My heart was pounding as I tried to keep my cool. She sold them to me. I ran out to my car and held the 1958 Ben half. My birth year. What a coincidence. I got goose bumps. Hooked for life..........

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
My first time was so special I wrote a poem to commemorate the event.

Yellow was the sun, blue was the sky, We were alone just her and I.

Her hair was brown, here eyes were blue, I knew exactly, what she wanted to do.

Her face was so calm her body so fine, I ran my fingers down her spine.

I got up the courage, I did my best, I place my hand upon her breast.

I was getting so nervous, I could feel her heart, as I slowly spread her legs apart.

I knew she was ready, but I wasn't sure how, because this was the fist time, I milked a cow.

Keep on Searching
Dad

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread