paranoid a little

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone else think that on occasions that the teller may have shorted yku intentionally? I have had a couple time I know I was shorted by $10 or more. There is one bank (smaller branch of a major chain) that they are all hood as hell. There is a couple that are sleeping with each other and one asked me if I went to the bar. Like asking me if I wanted to go. I could tell that she wasnt telling me the truth.

I know it sounds a little paranoid but im sure its happened a couple times. I dont know if they think I wont dump there or I'll make a fool out of myself. I rather take an occasional loss than lose a dump bank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Im just asking if anyone has ever experienced this kind of passive aggressive behavior from a teller. Like I said im not too worried about them stealing 10 bucks. Ill just write it off as a crh expense.

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
I got shorted $20 the other day picking up rolls. Luckily I counted them when I got to the car, and when I went back in she realized what she did. But no, I've never been hit in by tellers. I'm young, 20, and had a young teller grab my hand and say "aww how cute" when I told I'm helping my younger brother start a coin collection, but that's about it.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
It happens unfortunately. Never sign up for online banking, unless it's for a serious account where no coin roll hunting is involved. I sadly lost ~$200 from a credit union I frequent, I didn't visit for probably 2-3 months, they probably thought I'd never be back and took the money. I had over $1100 in the account, it was a real shock to find only $900. I never brought anything up and its too late now, it just makes me realize that a lot of people are jerks.

Moral of the story: Keep your latest bank transaction incase you ever do have missing money. I threw mine away while cleaning my car up.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been shorted by a teller only once, and it was because she accidentally clicked that I was not an account holder when telling the computer to make cash for my coin machine transaction. (the machine charges 5% for non-account holders), but I noticed when I got to my car and went back in. They had no problem refunding me and it was an honest mistake.
I think you're a bit paranoid, but that's just my 2 cents.
HH
Buff

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tellers and vault manager blamed me for shorting a roll $2... This was a unopened roll that jammed in their rolling machine. They said it can't happen and I'm to blame, they want their $2. I ate the $2

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

KampusKop

Feb 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got shorted $20 the other day picking up rolls. Luckily I counted them when I got to the car, and when I went back in she realized what she did. But no, I've never been hit in by tellers. I'm young, 20, and had a young teller grab my hand and say "aww how cute" when I told I'm helping my younger brother start a coin collection, but that's about it.

Was she good looking?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread