Man talk about your "first"
A lady is definitely a nice "first" lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

adikd2spd

Mar 9, 2014
long island
Detector(s) used
V3i- dd coil and 950/beach hunter/stealth 710 scoop/ sovereign elite waterproofed...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice walker HH!!!

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found it in a roll tonight, was able to procure 200 bucks worth this morning from a bank, they had more but that was all they were willing to part with. I spent a large portion of the morning going to different banks to kind of feel things out, didn't find anything good for banks, most just flat out said no to my request for halves. I will resort to ordering boxes from my bank I think, the manager there is really nice but she said I would get charged 7.50 per box. Do you guys get charged for ordering boxes? Man I still can't believe that was the first one I found, haven't even found a 40% yet! That silver edge really stuck out in the clad. Hoping to get more halves tomorrow....I have an idea:thumbsup: Can you tell the 40% coins by looking at the rim? I closely inspect everything but was just curious if the 40% stick out as much as the 90's. Man I am still pumped!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some 40% s stick out some dont- once you search enough youll be able to tell the majority of 40% s but there will still be some that if you dont date check will elude ya

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!! Banks don't always have halves on hand... Some order halves for customers by the box and sell as the box, but I also have banks that order a box of halves just to give out a few rolls of halves to anybody who wants to buy them, but they won't sell the entire box... weird. Keep at it, walkers are very hard to come by!

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go back and get more, or send the wife, neighbor, milkman, whoever...just get the rest. Especially if they were customer wrapped!

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They weren't CWR that I could tell. They were pretty tightly and professional looking rolls, weird thing was they didn't say "Garda" or "Dunbar", they had an address from somewhere in PA printed on the rolls? I will look into sending an acquaintance in for me to grab more. Had a nice talk with the manager at another bank this morning, she was really friendly and gave me 380 worth. She said I can pop in whenever I want to get some of what they have on hand.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
spit.gif

Good going on the silver, dawg.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all...and dawg(fity). Guess what? Got another one today! Old one...1927...only catch is somebody used it to unload their .22 or used it for a necklace or something. Coin is definitely in rough shape, still, super exciting to find! Do you think the hole basically renders it worthless? Here it is folks..

Last edited:
OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried like crazy to get these photos right side up and smaller but for some reason it's not working. Even after I edit them and save them in photobucket they still show up like this.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you think the hole basically renders it worthless? Here it is folks..

Yes its worthless, you can just mail it to me and ill dispose of it.

Your prolly using a phone to take the pics? You have to hold your phone like a camera to take pics correctly... I still dont get how people dont understand taking pics/video with cellphones... Heck I dont even have a camera on my phone and I know this :P

Congrats on your first silver(s) being walkers!

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, congrats on finding your second Walker already. Too bad its damaged but its still worth its remaining intrinsic silver value. That coin might make a nice key chain too - maybe that's what someone else was using it for too lol. Hope u can keep the Walker streak going. :)

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding more keepers! I'll update when I finish this box. So glad I didn't give up! You guys are gonna be pretty stoked when you see the other one I found. Not as cool or old as the Walker, but still a great coin!

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and I'm not complaining at all about my Holy Walker, that thing was so wore down when I saw the rim I thought it was a foreign coin or something.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad someone decided to use a better date '27S to make a Holy Walker, but at least they didn't use a key date Walker to do that. The coin doesn't look too bad otherwise, its a little dark but at least the its still got a pretty clear full date on it. I remember getting a very slick no date Walker from a box one time that was so worn and slick that probably 1/3 of the coin or more was worn off and I could barely make out any features on either side of the coin - just enough to be able to confirm it was a Walker lol.

Good luck with your box! Im guessing u just found your first Ben now? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread