Thanks Sir Marks-A-Lot!!!

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have WAY too much time on your hands. Now I get to look like the d@*k while dumping them.

IMG_6475.jpg

This one box had over NINE HUNDRED marked coins!! :censored:
My wrappers are almost always brown but anytime I get the black ones they are usually skunks.

But guess what?
You missed two, sucka!!
IMG_6476.jpg

HH!
BRChiver

Upvote 0

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks JUST like the ones I got today!!! Black wrappers and all...

I just picked up a quick $100 from the bank on lunch, and literally $96 of it had red dots...

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed a 90%
Wow

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'd take that box any day as long as it has silver in it. but I know how you feel about dumping all those marked coins. I'd run them through a coin machine that doesn't require a bag change.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
He doesn't like JFK from the looks of it. A Lee Harvey Oswald wannabe. He ain't looking for silver hence the 90%er, he's a trouble causer and just does this out of rage. Disgraceful.

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed a 90%
Wow

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

They probably didn't, just got rolled with the dump. It would've had a dot but it felt good wishing they did miss it, lol.
HH!
BRChiver

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If everyone marked coins, this is what every box would look like. Most 1/2's we get have been searched dozens and dozens of times. The only keepers are the few that come from circulation that get mixed in. It does make you feel like a looser when you have to dump someone else's marked coins.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i prefer marked coin boxes, means you are getting well circulated coins as opposed to solid boxes of 1997+ coins.

Also, the person that marked all those coins most likely was not the one that missed the 2 silver, I'd imagine there is a huge hopper of halves at the brinks vault and they don't run the wrapping line for them until they have a certain amount.

Nice finds!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha, I laugh at that picture every time I open this thread, to funny.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People find silver mixed amongst my dumps all the time, granted that I don't mark many coins, I know for a fact that I don't miss any silver.
It all depends on what was in the coin bag before adding your dumps into it, or what the people at brinks or loomis mix into the hopper at a given time.

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, I laugh at that picture every time I open this thread, to funny.

Haha, I laugh too when I look at your AG ratio compared to mine but I don't find it necessary or polite to post that on your threads...
HH!
BRChiver

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha, I laugh too when I look at your AG ratio compared to mine but I don't find it necessary or polite to post that on your threads...
HH!
BRChiver

It's funny, cuz I don't post my AG ratios on here anymore, haven't in quite a while. You think my finds suck, feel free to say it. I find it hard to believe you found my post insulting, in no way was it meant or intended, so please explain.

OP
OP
BRChiver

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny, cuz I don't post my AG ratios on here anymore, haven't in quite a while. You think my finds suck, feel free to say it. I find it hard to believe you found my post insulting, in no way was it meant or intended, so please explain.

My bad if I took it the wrong way. It just a came off like you were rubbing it in my face. It's been a bad week all around and finding this just set me off. Wish you the best.
BRChiver

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BRChiver-If it makes yu feel any better you aren't the only guy getting skunks and marked coins, I realize I don't do nearly the volume of a lot of guys but I have been doing a box day for the last couple days and haven't found an '87, proof, or even a 40%, as a matter of fact, I haven't found one keeper in any of the Dunbar wrappers, have no idea if that's just luck, or if for some weird reason Dunbar coins are more picked through than others. Either way man, I am stoked for you pulling the two keepers you did out of that mess!!! Great job! You displayed a lot of patience and determination!:thumbsup:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember that the hopper of these coin wrapping machines holds 16k halves.
But i don't remember where i read anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions