He-Be-GB

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2012
Crook County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my side of town they have the cubed boxes and not the flats and I pick up from BofA... As far as to where they sort them who knows!?!?!? I know some of the coins they get from what customers turn in at the bank in the big plastic bags to take to the sorting facility. How are the findings on your side of town!?!?! Finished a monster box of 40's late December. Got 17 rolls of 40's so far this year. Holding on to all my 90's(close to 20 rolls)... I hunt in the hood and used to do a lot of traveling for coin, now I just let it come to me and I get coins from all over. I can tell they are from all over and come from a sorting facility because I've gotten tokens from batting cages that are all the way in Aurora. Only traveling I do is to dump and I try to keep that as local as I can. Gotta go a bit further since they've closed some TCF Bank locations.. Hope this helps... You hunt much, mark coins and the like?? I only mark and date coins that have already been marked.. But I did come across some marked coins with funny stickers out there about a year ago... I knew I had competition in the area I'm just glad you're not in the immediate vicinity.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks started a buy back program for CRH'ers. They will trade you cash on the spot for accurately weighed bags directly from the truck. (This is what I've always dreamed about, lol)

Honestly, unless you work for Brinks I don't think anyone knows the correct answer. It varies by area and district. Don't know about Chicago.
HH!
BRChiver

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a surprise in my 4 brinks half dollar boxes yesterday, do you want to guess what was in them? seriously, no joke.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a surprise in my 4 brinks half dollar boxes yesterday, do you want to guess what was in them? seriously, no joke.

Dont start that buff lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
No one? I joined and always view on my phone. It never asked me and I'm not sure how to fill that out. I hunt in the west burbs, from westmont to westchester mainly. One of the banks I pick up from said someone else also gets boxes from them. Any if you?

He-Be-GB

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2012
Crook County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one? I joined and always view on my phone. It never asked me and I'm not sure how to fill that out. I hunt in the west burbs, from westmont to westchester mainly. One of the banks I pick up from said someone else also gets boxes from them. Any if you?

I've dumped in Westmont... Never really found anything out that way... I did snipe a box one time while out dumping.. This was last summer though..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread