Uncommon cents

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Switched things up a bit here the last couple days from the halves, did some nickels last night(one war dime, several dated pre 1950), did my first box of quarters this morning(one 1963!), and bought some cents to pick through. I have been having trouble finding coin rarities per denomination all in one place here on the net. I'll look here and find scattered info, look at another site and find a few more, find another site naming some that weren't on the other two sites, I think you get my drift. I am not looking to keep a pile of semi common coins worth 50 cents, I was looking to start this thread as a quick and complete reference to cents with a value of at least 5 dollars. I have seen the 1909 can be very lucrative with the right marks, and heard about AM coins, but I'm not sure what years to keep separate when sorting to double check for the AM coins. Share your knowledge guys! Thanks a ton! I am looking forward to picking through these cents!

Edit: Hoping to find coins that have value in any condition, although I know condition can really make or break a coin.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1992 had the opposite error, a CAM instead of WAM.

1970 S low and high 7

1983 and 1984 both had some doubled dies.

lincolncentresource is a good site.

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1969 D missing fg on the reverse(not a weak fg, those are common, only the absolutely no fg is worth somthing.)
1964/1964D Doubled die reverse
1995 Doubled die obverse
1994, 1993D, 1973D, 1972D, 1966 rotated reverses.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome info guys thanks. Just to update you I didn't find any errors in my cents but I did find about 20 wheats, unfortunately according to my red book none of them are very key dates or very valuable. I am going to continue doing cents along with halves and nickels, the halves are kind of scarce and I have yet to find a bank who will order any for free. I like the penny boxes because finding the wheats is fun and they also chew up more time than the halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread