Received 2 2014 cents in change last week...and just found my first 2014 cent CRHing

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received 2 last week in change (well I didn't, my mom did and I checked her change and they were in there)
Has to be the soonest I've ever received them. Last year it was at least in april or something, and before that was may/june etc.

Received the 2014 cent CRHing when I picked up my weekly nickels & pennies I always get. Not sure of the package date of the box, they don't stamp them out here for some reason...would be nice if they did so I can refer back.

But anyways yeah, still have yet to find a 2014 nickel. It'll come, hopefully next month or next week.

Upvote 0

Nick of Co

Jan 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received 2 last week in change (well I didn't, my mom did and I checked her change and they were in there)
Has to be the soonest I've ever received them. Last year it was at least in april or something, and before that was may/june etc.

Received the 2014 cent CRHing when I picked up my weekly nickels & pennies I always get. Not sure of the package date of the box, they don't stamp them out here for some reason...would be nice if they did so I can refer back.

But anyways yeah, still have yet to find a 2014 nickel. It'll come, hopefully next month or next week.

I just dumped a 2014-D cent a few days ago. I regret not saving it :( I too have never received a new coin so early in the year!

OP
OP
C

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just dumped a 2014-D cent a few days ago. I regret not saving it :( I too have never received a new coin so early in the year!

:(
You're lucky, lol. I probably won't find a 2014-D cent until at least next year or LATE this year. West coast coins that are new don't seem to come to ohio that easily.
It just sucks we get D mintmark coins that are really circulated lol.

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found my first one yesterday as well, cept it's a Philadelphia.

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:( You're lucky, lol. I probably won't find a 2014-D cent until at least next year or LATE this year. West coast coins that are new don't seem to come to ohio that easily. It just sucks we get D mintmark coins that are really circulated lol.
your lucky to be so near philly since I look for wam cents I get maybe a dozen or so a box to check.

OP
OP
C

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your lucky to be so near philly since I look for wam cents I get maybe a dozen or so a box to check.

I've scored at least 6 1998's, 1 corroded 1999 in my earlier years of CRHing just when I found out about WAM's, and like 8 2000 P's, with the highest grading MS-63..ever since I started CRHing in '04 when I was actually just about 5 years old almost 6...

Found a '83 double die cent back a few years ago in CWR rolls someone cashed. Not a single coin was after 1986, and I kept all those rolls and I still have about like 6$ of them stored away that I orig. got. Haven't gone through them a second time for double's such as the '83 and '84 yet so who knows!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread