1st end-roll find

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've established a pretty good rhythm and have been searching 2 to 3 K in halves for a month now, some bags but mostly boxes, and I've finally found a silver at the end of a roll! It felt soooo good to open the 1st of 2 boxes from my Indiana p/u bank to find my first 64' Kennedy staring at me! Stood out like a sore thumb....

Turned out to be my best overall day yet: 2-90s, 6-40s, and 8 2006-12s.

I decided not to open the roll with the 64' at the end until the next time I have my kids. They have been getting into this with me, and they've helped me search a box the last few times they have been with me. My 9 yr old son found his first silver last time, and I let him keep it. My 7 yr old daughter is more into it than him, but she hasn't gotten lucky yet. She was a little disappointed that her brother hit one before her. So I plan to sneak the roll into her pile to make sure she is the next to hit!! (I do have to admit it is hard to wait to see what might be behind that 64!)

Side note, but I have been itching to bring it up: I know it's called an end-roll find, but shouldn't it be called a roll-end find? End roll would insinuate that it was what was found in your last roll, not at the end of any roll. Sorry, but I'm just too much of a nerd. I can see why my ex-wife divorced me:wink:

JF

03222014 score.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the nice finds and finding your first ender too! And that's even better that its a '64 ender too. I still don't think I've found anything better than a 40% ender in a mwr yet. And that's good that u are able to share this hobby with your kids and that they enjoy hunting with u. And to answer your question, I really haven't given it much thought but u may be right - but most of us just call them enders anyway. :)

Hope u have continued success and can continue enjoying the hobby with your kids.

H$H!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its called an ender not end roll
Congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
J

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ender is perfect. I like!

It was only my 3rd 90, period, so I was shocked to find it out in the open!

Certainly hooked to this hunt, and there is no going back....

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've established a pretty good rhythm and have been searching 2 to 3 K in halves for a month now, some bags but mostly boxes, and I've finally found a silver at the end of a roll! It felt soooo good to open the 1st of 2 boxes from my Indiana p/u bank to find my first 64' Kennedy staring at me! Stood out like a sore thumb....

Turned out to be my best overall day yet: 2-90s, 6-40s, and 8 2006-12s.

I decided not to open the roll with the 64' at the end until the next time I have my kids. They have been getting into this with me, and they've helped me search a box the last few times they have been with me. My 9 yr old son found his first silver last time, and I let him keep it. My 7 yr old daughter is more into it than him, but she hasn't gotten lucky yet. She was a little disappointed that her brother hit one before her. So I plan to sneak the roll into her pile to make sure she is the next to hit!! (I do have to admit it is hard to wait to see what might be behind that 64!)

Side note, but I have been itching to bring it up: I know it's called an end-roll find, but shouldn't it be called a roll-end find? End roll would insinuate that it was what was found in your last roll, not at the end of any roll. Sorry, but I'm just too much of a nerd. I can see why my ex-wife divorced me:wink:

JF

View attachment 964834

:notworthy: Call it whatever you want. There is no wrong answer in what to call it. Anyway congrats on your finds. Welcome to the hobby/addiction & TNET. May you find many more with your kids.

HH
Gary

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Kender, wait until you find your first Bender or first Bell-Ender or first..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread