fun with the kids update

momandboys

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
Hi,

Just wanted to post to tell everyone how much I enjoy reading about everyone's finds CRH. We are taking a break for the spring, and a break from "dumping" :)

In our couple of months of hunting we stuck mostly to cents (had to change that from pennies) and nickels.

Cents - never found anything that interesting, just wheats

Nickels - one liberty, 7 war, four buffalo heads and one 2009 proof. (most of these were from the same teller from the same bank)

Halves - two clad 1994 proofs and one 1967

Coin counting machine - best find a euro

After all that hunting and dumping for three months we went to a coin show.......and there I found the equivalents of our finds...... in the .50 cent bins. Many of the vendors were super nice to my kids and gave them free steelies, Indian head cents and occupied Japan paper money from different countries. One guy even gave my son two blue seal dollar bills.

We will finish off our last boxes of nickels and cents and start back up in the fall. I will continue to stop into banks and ask for half dollars in the meantime.

Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like they got some good stuff from the show. It's not all about how much what you find is worth. It's about the fun you had finding it :thumbsup:

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 15, and boy do I feel out of place at coin shows. I get some free stuff, but not as much as your kids. Being a kid is really is odd at shows because not many kids are collecting so I'm usually the only one there! Most people assume my dad is the collector haha. Anyway, like Tyler said, it's not about the value, it's about the thrill of the hunt :D

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
In the last 3 years of searching I've looked through approximately $7,700 worth of nickels - that's 154,000 of them! - and have found exactly ONE liberty nickel.

Yours is a great find!

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread