Box of enders, to sell on ebay or open?

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the past few months I have saved enough enders to fill a box, they consist of 2 Walkers, 6 Bens, 4-64' Kens and the rest are all 40% with obverse showing. I was going to sell them on FeeBay, I usually sell single coins with a .99 starting bid and no reserve but for this box I would probably go $500 opening bid with a $800-$1000 reserve. BUT I have had health issues over the last several weeks and have not been able to do any CRHing so I really want to feed my addiction and find silver. The money from the sale would be nice if the bidding goes high, but finding silver is a blast. So to sell or open? :icon_scratch:
Thanks Fellow CRHer's and HH
Agme

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 198
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 200
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 175
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 194
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Upvote 0

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think you could get more by selling each roll individually. personally i would think there a lot more people willing to bid and pay $15-$20 per roll depending on whats on the end, then $500-$600 for a box, and you would probably give one lucky baller a killer deal on a loaded box. Good luck:thumbsup:

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would open them. For starters not knowing what was in them would drive me nuts. You also run the risk of getting a bunch of negative feedback if you sell them individually. If there are more silvers in each roll you could end up losing money by selling vs opening.

I've had a lot of Enders that give up no other silver. I've also had good boxes where the ender rolls all gave up 4-6 silvers each. You could weigh the rolls but then you are being deceptive. I would just open them personally

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would open them also, by any chance could you snap some photos of the ender box? I'd love to see them :)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open open open open
Man I cant even wait till the end of a box to open an ender when I see 1 inhave to open it IMMEDIATELY

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would open them. You never know if there are any key dates in them.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
You've found 50 enders ....42 of which were obv Ken enders.....just in the last few months? That must mean you've had some rev Ken enders too during the last few months too that u haven't included in the ender box you have now. You must get some great boxes or do a lot of volume or both. Congrats on all the great finds.

I assume most people who sell silver rolls like that on ebay usually weigh them to try and determine how much silver is in each roll but if your not going to do that I wouldn't want to make a gamble on what else might be in there so I'd open them. Also I wouldn't sell silver at such low prices now unless u really need the money or are just hell bent on selling regardless.

Also, like u said "finding silver is a blast" so who knows how much more silver u might find in each roll. It seems to me it would be such a blast sitting down and opening all those ender rolls you've been saving. So if u sold them u would be depriving yourself of the fun u enjoy Crhing.

Btw, I bought one of those silver mystery rolls on ebay last year. It was a half dollar bank type roll but it was obvious from the pics that the roll had been tampered with and opened. The description of the auction said all the coins were silver - 1970 and earlier - in AU or better condition. So I assumed they were all just nice condition 40% halves - which they were. I don't usually like to gamble on buying mystery rolls like this because I figure most of the time I will be overpaying and the seller wins - that's usually why they are selling in the first place. But I paid less than melt at the time for this roll of all AU/UNC 40% silver coins so I was happy (pics below).

Whatever u decide, good luck and H$H!

Attachments

• 40% ebay half roll end.jpg
    40% ebay half roll end.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 40% ebay half roll.jpg
    40% ebay half roll.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found 50 enders ....42 of which were obv Ken enders.....just in the last few months? That must mean you've had some rev Ken enders too during the last few months too that u haven't included in the ender box you have now. You must get some great boxes or do a lot of volume or both. Congrats on all the great finds.

I assume most people who sell silver rolls like that on ebay usually weigh them to try and determine how much silver is in each roll but if your not going to do that I wouldn't want to make a gamble on what else might be in there so I'd open them. Also I wouldn't sell silver at such low prices now unless u really need the money or are just hell bent on selling regardless.

Also, like u said "finding silver is a blast" so who knows how much more silver u might find in each roll. It seems to me it would be such a blast sitting down and opening all those ender rolls you've been saving. So if u sold them u would be depriving yourself of the fun u enjoy Crhing.

Btw, I bought one of those silver mystery rolls on ebay last year. It was a half dollar bank type roll but it was obvious from the pics that the roll had been tampered with and opened. The description of the auction said all the coins were silver - 1970 and earlier - in AU or better condition. So I assumed they were all just nice condition 40% halves - which they were. I don't usually like to gamble on buying mystery rolls like this because I figure most of the time I will be overpaying and the seller wins - that's usually why they are selling in the first place. But I paid less than melt at the time for this roll of all AU/UNC 40% silver coins so I was happy (pics below).

Whatever u decide, good luck and H$H!

Good points SilverFace, yeah, before I fell ill I was doing pretty big volume. At first I was saving silver reverse enders "in the box" but for the eBay sale I wanted to be able to guarantee silver in every roll and that no roll was altered in any way, thought that would bring in good bids. So I opened all the reverse Ken ender rolls and replaced them with obverse rolls as I found them.
Good Luck and HH to you too.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agme, don't forget about what it takes to ship these as you sell these individually. Not so much the postage, but the back and forth to the post office. If you're not well enough to pick up boxes, the back and forth to the post office wouldn't be easy.

Also, I've bought some of the shotgun wrapped halves on eBay and and did ok, but that seller had a lot of people by these rolls expecting to get rich off them. He got a lot of neg feedback and not sure what your selling volume is but could really hurt your rating like fish on said.

Either way you go, feel better, get better. And if you do crack em open, let us know what you find!

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agme, don't forget about what it takes to ship these as you sell these individually. Not so much the postage, but the back and forth to the post office. If you're not well enough to pick up boxes, the back and forth to the post office wouldn't be easy.

Also, I've bought some of the shotgun wrapped halves on eBay and and did ok, but that seller had a lot of people by these rolls expecting to get rich off them. He got a lot of neg feedback and not sure what your selling volume is but could really hurt your rating like fish on said.

Either way you go, feel better, get better. And if you do crack em open, let us know what you find!

Good Points Z, I have 100% positive feedback on the Flea and want to keep it that way.

And Thank You for the good will wishes!
And If I crack them (And I'm leaning toward that) I will let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Nice at all.

"The problem is you can not sell counterfeit merchandise on eBay. After looking at some of the crimps zoomed in on your pictures, it is my opinion that you've rerolled them. I am probably right as I've seen it all."

Last edited:

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
**** you for this:

The problem is you can not sell counterfeit merchandise on eBay. After looking at some of the crimps zoomed in on your pictures, it is my opinion that you've rerolled them. I am probably right as I've seen it all.
Go to hell, you know who you are.

Woooooow, no need to put anyone on blast like this..... Were all good here.....

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for adding pictures :) That's awesome that you were able to come up with a box of enders, don't let the negativity of other people get to you, I recommend doing what makes you happy.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on ebay now for ender rolls. They are selling for insane amounts of money compared to the guaranteed value (the ender you see plus assuming the rest are clad). The suspense of not opening the ender rolls, especially the walkers, would kill me, but if you can handle that I think you would take in much more than the value of the coins you are selling, even assuming the rolls contain some more keepers you didn't know about.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I assume you have an idea about the rolls from what came from the other rolls in the box. Not a perfect calculation but if an end roller came from a box where there weren't any other silver found in the box then that roll likely is a single silver roll. If you found a bunch double and triple silver coin rolls from that same box I can assume you would have opened the roll with the ender. Doesn't answer your question so I would sell a couple enders on the bay and see what happens. Replace with the next couple enders you find. I remember someone here sold a nice box with enders on the bay and made some good money so you can never tell what might happen...

Maine_Jim

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely you'll make more money selling those ender rolls on eBay than the value of the silver contained in those rolls. Most likely. Odds are, there aren't a whole lot of non-showing silvers in there. But there could be. Or a rare date. Or a $20 double eagle.

But ender rolls sometimes bring stupid amounts of money on eBay. I wouldn't be shocked to see those Walker rolls sell for $30+ each, and maybe even double that. I've seen unopened rolls with no silver showing somehow bring ~$20 on occasion.

My guess is that you could sell all the rolls on eBay, buy silver with the money made, and end up with more value than was actually in the ender rolls to begin with. Probably.

Last edited:

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have incredible restraint. I would never have been able to let those rolls sit.

I vote for you to open them.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bust them units open and let the silver spill ! Something tells me, as most of us..that while you would probably make a little more money selling them individually, the possible negative feedback from a "sore loser" would not be worth it. Wer'e all waiting to see the ag! thx, and your'e in our prayers hope all goes well. ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread