If anyone is curious

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bad, I just saw them on the list now. You should put the mint number in the column next to number you have found. This way you could see if they kind of match, low mint years would = low number found. Just an idea since you've gone this far.....I would like to find a shield, I had a 1866 but sold it before I knew it was worth anything, I have 1 that is to corroded to read and 2 others that you can just barely see the 5 on the reverse.

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to consider putting the mintage's, I like the idea, but I don't want the sheet to be to cluttered, can't stand clutter. lol :tongue3:

It would be neat to find a shield, but probably next to impossible. :(

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bad, I just saw them on the list now. You should put the mint number in the column next to number you have found. This way you could see if they kind of match, low mint years would = low number found. Just an idea since you've gone this far.....I would like to find a shield, I had a 1866 but sold it before I knew it was worth anything, I have 1 that is to corroded to read and 2 others that you can just barely see the 5 on the reverse.

I went ahead and added the mintage's to the data!:)

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just quickly looking over the data, it kind of looks like the found list matches the mintage list. You must like doing data stuff? I have to good through all my nickel keepers to get rid of my post '59's. I'm going to sort them and kind of match up my list to your list and see how they compare. Not sure how many rolls I've done but I have to be close to 250 keepers. I did $20 in nickels today and got a 45p, plus a few other keepers. 3 war nickels this week and I still have tomorrow.....

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah they seem to match up well, as expected. :) I can do data stuff all day, so that answers your question. :) I'd be interesting to see what your numbers look like! That's awesome, $20 produced a war nickel, don't know if you seen my other data post or not, but the 45P is the second most common war nickel, but still a war nickel, congrats. :)

Attachments

• thatoneCRH 1939 - 1959 Other Nickel Data - Sheet1 (3).pdf
    48.5 KB · Views: 32

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a chance to sort my nickels. Mine have been found in both CWRs n MWRs plus some I've had saved over the years. For the most part the numbers are about the same, some were the same, silver, 09, and the decades were really close. I did have about 40 more saved then you. You had more Ds and Ss and I had more Ps. If I had to guess you are more central or west coast and I am on the east coast. I didn't keep track of Canadian or foreign, I am northeast so I get a lot of Canadian. One of my next projects with nickels just might be to get boxes and do 8 and keep a better record of everything. I couldn't post a spread sheet because my phone just won't let me. I'm very limited on things I can do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread