My bank teller OMG

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys and gals I went to my bank to get my first boxes of coins today and I was excited. I go straight to the receptionist bc I know she's nice and asked her a few questions, like can I get any boxes of coins I want (yes except for halves they only have single but I could get all of those). Asked about the bags that come out of the machine she said no bc as soon as they come out they are sealed and sent off. I asked if I could put as much change back into the machine with no limit and she said yes. I also asked if many people come in getting boxes for hunting and she said no not at all.
So I head to the tellers looking to see the nice ones, well one of them looked like she was fixing to shoot up the place so I didn't go to her I went to the smiling one and waited in line. Well of course the mean looking one ask if she could help me and there was a person walking in so I let her go first so I could get the other teller. Well I did and I said I wanted 4 boxes of pennies and a box of dimes and she said no problem, then I asked if she had any halves and she said no but she would check with the others and when she ask the mean one she said NO and we don't have any in the bank. Ok so the teller goes to get my boxes and the other teller said u can't buy any boxes here, I said why not very nicely. She said u have to have a acct here and I said I do a have a acct here she said not very nice well fine then. As soon as she finished talking to me she went to the drive thru tellers and told them and they turned around looking at me, then she went to the manager and told her. I asked a couple of the other tellers if they mind me getting coins and asked if a lot of people did get coins and they said it's no problem and no one else comes in for coins.but they knew I was asking bc of that mean teller and they just shook there heads like they knew how she was. Anyway I got my coins and I thought on the way home that next time I go to get coins I needed to avoid that teller but the more I thought about it I said no I think I need To go straight to her and order a lot of boxes so I could give her a work out bc I think she could use one.
Ok well thanks for reading and just wanted to tell y'all my first experience of coin roll hunting, wish me luck. Thanks Jude

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading your post, i"m not sure what you're planning, but based on the questions you asked, remember this.

DO NOT PICK UP COINS AND DUMP THEM AT THE SAME BANK BRANCH, EVEN IF ONE TELLER SAYS IT'S OK. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL MAKE THEM ANGRY.

Go to a different branch to dump, or better yet, open another account. Basically not only are you dumping back into your own supply of coins you pick up if the bank uses the same courier, but also, think about what you're doing. You are picking up coins from them, going through them (and they think you are making a profit), and then bringing them back. You are making them work twice doing something that has no financial gain for the bank while you are profiting from their work. They'll hate that.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't dump where you pick up, and don't ask for 5 boxes of coins at once, you'll get cut off very quickly. Hopefully this advice helps, good luck with your boxes though! :)

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All of the above plus start slow a box at a time build a rapport with the tellers, smile, chat them up, you want them to want to help you not think here comes that pain in the back side.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, I think i made it through the wall of text...

You ask the tellers about other people hunting coins??? really??? Way to be low key... If everybody knows what we do, then everybody will do it and no one will find anything...

Not trying to be rude but its obvious you havent read any posts about a good manor to conduct yourself and not ruin it for yourself or others.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
READ THE BEGGINERS THREAD IN THE STICKIES SECTION UP TOP

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always that "one" teller we all know has had a bad day--every day. I always cross my fingers that I don't get that one, but if I do I am always very nice. We are a one high school town (where I work) so I always have former students working at our local banks or adults whereas I helped their children. They bend over backwards to help me, although I never ever abuse the position.
Just smile and be kind. Good Karma. As Mr. Apush always reminds me when I have one of those days, you never know whose rear-end your gonna have to kiss tomorrow so be good to everyone today.
apush

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you gotta ease into things - start with 1 box of pennies, then in a few weeks ask for two. asking for 4 boxes of pennies right off the bat is going to get people talking about you which is NOT good.

OP
OP
Judepb

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok y'all thanks for all the advice, gonna be going to another bank and let this one forget about me for awhile.
Thanks again

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually pick up boxes at the smaller branches of a bank service and then go into town at the main office to dump them. Technically its dumping where you pick up because its the same bank, just different branches, but this is the only bank in town compared to all the other banks or credit unions that doesn't charge to count change if you have an account. I usually did one big dump (ie about 300-400 dollars) a month. also check around to local grocery stores. I work at a grocery store and I have my manager order an extra box of nickels for me to buy. It's not much but I normally do about 2 boxes of nickels a week. I would classify myself as a small time CRHer but the cost of hauling a lot of coins around or lifting a lot of boxes would cut into my fun of it and that's why I do this. For the fun of it. Weather permitting I might have to check out a small credit union in my hometown. I normally don't go to it but my cousin works there as a manager and I can go pick her brain about getting more boxes of coins via opening another checking account or savings whichever is cheaper. Ok, enough of my rambles. But check into local grocery stores. If there are enough of them and are willing to help out, there's another avenue of coin supplies for ya.

Sincerely, GarouLady

kawika18

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't dump where you pick up, and don't ask for 5 boxes of coins at once, you'll get cut off very quickly. Hopefully this advice helps, good luck with your boxes though! :)

Oh crap!! I just ordered 8 boxes from my bank. One each of halves, quarters, dimes and nickels. Plus 4 boxes of cents. Did I over do it?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
you gotta ease into things - start with 1 box

This is the key! Slow and steady wins the race. Never ever ever ever ever dump coins back to the bank from which you acquired them from. HH, Maverick.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh crap!! I just ordered 8 boxes from my bank. One each of halves, quarters, dimes and nickels. Plus 4 boxes of cents. Did I over do it?

YES!!! Unless you have been ordering from them for awhile and slowly building up, this will not end well for you!

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok y'all thanks for all the advice, gonna be going to another bank and let this one forget about me for awhile. Thanks again

Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take 1 halves box and make it better. Tellers: let them into your heart. Then you can start to make it better.

OP
OP
Judepb

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take 1 halves box and make it better. Tellers: let them into your heart. Then you can start to make it better.

Lol now that was a good one Ramsesll, if you only knew how many people sing hey Jude to me when they say my name lol

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy lots of stuff from her, search it that night, next morning give it back to her!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread