"Box of enders to sell or open" Guessing Contest #1. Closest guess wins Silver!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Box of enders to sell or open" Guessing Contest #1. Closest guess wins Silver!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/407799-box-enders-sell-ebay-open.html

OK the "Open them rolls" crowd wins the vote. Here is a contest for anyone that might be interested.

Contest #1 is a plan & simple guessing contest to guess the total number of silver coins I will find in the "ender box", the total number of both 40% and 90% combined. The person with the closest guess will win two (2) 40% Silver Kennedy half dollars. If the guess is exactly right, the winner will receive Four (4) 40% halves.
The totals will be posted on Saturday, April 12th.
If there are duplicate guesses, the person that first placed that guess will be chosen if their pick wins.
* SilverForBrains gets first dibs on a total of 73 silvers if he wants it due to his great math workup on the original thread.

Also see contest #2 for another chance to win silver. And if the same person wins this contest (w/exact guess) and wins contest #2 they will receive a full roll of 40% Silver coins!
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK guys and gals, game over, I will post the results shortly.

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I must say that I had my hopes higher then I should have but I can't complain. Thanks all of you for joining in.
And the winner of contest #1 with the exact guess of 62 silvers is spirtjug. Congrats! You have four 40% Kennedy half dollars coming to you.
agme

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I must say that I had my hopes higher then I should have but I can't complain. Thanks all of you for joining in.
And the winner of contest #1 with the exact guess of 62 silvers is spirtjug. Congrats! You have four 40% Kennedy half dollars coming to you.
agme

Man only 62? Honestly that sucks for ya- and goes to show that enders arent as good as they used to be- i remember lurckingw on here before I ever joined and seeing enders almost always with multiple ag in each roll-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man only 62? Honestly that sucks for ya- and goes to show that enders arent as good as they used to be- i remember lurckingw on here before I ever joined and seeing enders almost always with multiple ag in each roll-

It wasn't all bad, I got one of my best roll out of there. I saved the two Walker ender rolls for last and the 2nd one (the last roll I opened) gave me a total of 3 nice Ladys, a first for me. I'm sure glad I didn't sell that roll! :laughing7:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I wish there had been more, but just never know with this hobby. Thanks for offering the contest to us and congrats to spirtjug.

So agme, are u still saving your enders? I have some a couple of cent rolls with wheat enders that I've saved and at least one nickel roll with a buffalo ender that I found over a year ago but I haven't been saving my enders lately and Idk if I could resist opening the occasional half dollar enders that I find lol.

Well, I hope u have good luck the rest of the year, H$H!

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I wish there had been more, but just never know with this hobby. Thanks for offering the contest to us and congrats to spirtjug.

So agme, are u still saving your enders? I have some a couple of cent rolls with wheat enders that I've saved and at least one nickel roll with a buffalo ender that I found over a year ago but I haven't been saving my enders lately and Idk if I could resist opening the occasional half dollar enders that I find lol.

Well, I hope u have good luck the rest of the year, H$H!

No SilverFace, no more saving enders for me, I will crack those babies as soon as I see them. lol
I have no idea how I had enough restraint to save all those. I really did expect to get a hundred or so keepers but like you said, you just never know with this hobby.
Thank you and good luck to you too.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It wasn't all bad, I got one of my best roll out of there. I saved the two Walker ender rolls for last and the 2nd one (the last roll I opened) gave me a total of 3 nice Ladys, a first for me. I'm sure glad I didn't sell that roll! :laughing7:

Congrats on the 3 Walker roll. My best box ever was a 38 keeper box I got just over 2 years ago in Jan 2012 and my best roll in that box had 3 Walkers also, and that's still my best ever mwr as well. :)

Oh but I forgot to mention, that 3 Walker mwr that I found wasn't an ender roll though, Im still looking for my first Walker ender. :)

H$H!

Last edited:

spiritjug

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2014
Alright! I should go buy a lotto ticket!!! Thanks for the contest. We all hope you had a blast opening them.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow nice- 3 ladies in one roll wahoo

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright! I should go buy a lotto ticket!!! Thanks for the contest. We all hope you had a blast opening them.

Yes you should. Congrats spiritjug! Your very first post is the winning guess in a contest, you can't beat that!
Yes I did have a blast opening them and I hope you enjoy your prize.
Good luck and Happy hunting to you and yours.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes you should. Congrats spiritjug! Your very first post is the winning guess in a contest, you can't beat that!
Yes I did have a blast opening them and I hope you enjoy your prize.
Good luck and Happy hunting to you and yours.

Wow, I noticed spiritjug was a new member to the site but I didn't realize that was spirtjug's very first post. That is a nice welcome to Tnet and maybe u should buy a lotto ticket or something spirtjug to see if your good luck continues lol. Like I'm always saying, with this hobby u just never know where or when you'll find em, now that even includes Tnet contests too lol.

spiritjug

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2014
Not a bad guess for my first post. Thanks TNet folks I have learned so much from you all. I am sure enjoying this hobby.

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad guess for my first post. Thanks TNet folks I have learned so much from you all. I am sure enjoying this hobby.
No, not bad at all! You said you crh an assortment of denominations. If you don't mind my asking, have you been hunting coin rolls for a while?
Keep at it!

spiritjug

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2014
Dabbled in few rolls here and there last year. This year I try to get full boxes if I can afford it. Just easing into it. I always get nervous when visiting dump and pick up banks.

I mix the denominations so I don't get a look from the tellers when I go to the dump bank.

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dabbled in few rolls here and there last year. This year I try to get full boxes if I can afford it. Just easing into it. I always get nervous when visiting dump and pick up banks.

I mix the denominations so I don't get a look from the tellers when I go to the dump bank.

Well you are going about it the right way, easing into it. If everybody that crh's eased into it, the hobby would be a lot better off for it. If you've been reading the posts for a while, you know what I mean. Not too much to be nervous about in your case, you are not abusing the system, as long as you don't, you should be fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread